User Tag List

Thread: Direct Show on mac editor doesn't work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Direct Show on mac editor doesn't work

I'm developing a .exe game with the mac editor, and I can't make the Direct Show work.

I tried several video file formats: avi, mpg, wmv.
    None of them are working. I know that Mac OS can't handle avi and wmv, so I thought maybe that was the issue. But mpg didn't seem to work either while testing in the editor.

It gives me an empty rectangle instead of the video. I've tried this on both standard mode and Direct9/Direct11, nothing. With the direct mode I the rectangle disappears.

When I tested it with an mp3 file, it worked perfectly, and the audio was playing in the editor.

A .avi video's audio was playing in the background, but the visible video was missing.

The exported build works perfectly fine for a friend who run the app on windows, but I just can't get it to work for me.

Any advice to make it work in my game editor? It would be pretty important.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of video encoder was used for the avi file? The sound and video are both encoded in different ways so could explain only having sound and no picture. If you have a sample mfa of it I'm willing to try a range of video formats and encoders to see if anything I try works.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!
    I used an online video converter: https://video.online-convert.com/convert-to-avi
    The video was a .mov file. Mac doesn't read .avi files so that's a good point, I can't be sure if the converter did its job correctly.
    What's bugging me though is that the .exe worked perfectly on a Windows computer.

I use the $filepath+'name' command to load the file: it works fine because I could easily load mp3 files, this can't be the issue.
    The mfa has just the Direct show object, nothing more. I don't think a mfa file is necessary.

Tell me how it goes!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    The Mac editor runtime that is used when you test your applications doesn't fully support DirectX. I suppose the Direct Show object uses DirectX to play videos, that's why it doesn't display videos on Mac. I wonder if the Active Direct Show would work instead. Not sure either, as it also uses DirectX, but worth a try perhaps as in standard mode it doesn't display on screen using DirectX.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You may be trying too hard to avoid AVIs. I did get an AVI to play in the editor using both Direct Show and Active Direct Show.
    Only problem I found with those online converters is they don't seem to give you any options or control of what codec they use for the AVI output. If you have QuickTime 7 still kicking around you can use it to export your videos as AVIs that will work. That's what I did... but in saying it worked may be a stretch. It played... but when I tried to close the preview build it locked up and I had to force it to close.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quick test, and I can confirm that the AVI object, however, played it fine without locking up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Alright, thanks!

I will take a look at Active Direct Show and try other conversion methods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The .avi object gives me this warning:
    Screen Shot 2019-09-17 at 4.57.16 PM.png

Do you know where could I install this additional driver inside of the Clickteam wine app?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, that's strange. I don't get that on my end. Do you get that even if you don't have any video file selected for the avi object?
    I never had that happen. If you need a test vid to try this is the one I used. https://yadi.sk/i/e6coy0rD7R6iQg