User Tag List

Thread: allow offline option is needed for HTML5 exporter or games freeze

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

allow offline option is needed for HTML5 exporter or games freeze

Hi,
    I think this is a pretty important issue so I'm bringing it up again, hoping it can get fixed. I have noticed that HTML5 apps will freeze if the WiFi drops or if your Internet connection fails, even temporarily. So, a user could be playing your game and then it will inexplicably freeze and not recover. The user, of course, will have no idea why this is occurring and will assume that you messed something up in programming. In reality, they may have had a short drop in their WiFi connection.

There is an option (allow offline) in the HTML5 runtime that should solve this problem but it has been grayed out for a couple of years now. I think it is crucial to get this working. Otherwise, HTML5 apps will always be hopelessly buggy, especially anywhere where the WiFi connection is not great. I work in a high school and make educational games. Schools have notoriously bad WiFi that frequently drops on user devices, so it is very frustrating for teachers and students.

Is there any way this can be fixed? Please... it would be the best!
    Thanks,
    Brett

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I don't see why apps would freeze because of a bad Wifi connection, it must be caused by something in your application.

I've just tried to run a simple application and stopped my Internet connection, the app didn't freeze and was working normally.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yves,
    It seems to occur when loading a new frame or subapp. I was thinking the problem might be that the resources aren't loaded yet, so when you call them without Internet, there is no connection and this might cause the freezing. Do you have any thoughts on this? Is there a way to load all resources at the beginning? Thanks,
    Brett

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    123 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Is the "Load all data at start" option selected in the HTML5 properties of your application?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It looks like it was not. I think that was the problem! Thank you so much! Sorry for my confusion about the allow offline property. Thanks!