User Tag List

Thread: Do you use Projects?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you use Projects?

Who here uses projects, by which I mean the .mfw files (that are collections of .mfa files)?

I've always ignored them as I initially found them confusing and preferred to work with single MFAs instead. But I increasingly use more than one MFA nowadays, so am rethinking that. Has using projects helped your workflow, and if so do you have any pointers?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is there an advantage to using a project? For instance, if I were to split my MFA up into several, and tie them all together into a project, would that make version control via Git or SVN more feasible?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    discovered today hm, that might work with some kind of version control or like workspaces: where app1 is game, app2 is level editor app3 for testring new features so on...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's what I was thinking. You'd still have to tie everything back together manually, but it would be a lot easier for, say, letting one team member work on the game, one team member work on the menu, etc. As long as the individual MFA's are checked out and back in, I don't think it'd be too big a hassle. The only issue might come in with Jump to Frame, where you paste a checked-in frame back into the main MFA and then suddenly your code tells you that frame is missing, but that could probably be avoided by doing frame changes as a calculation rather than manually selecting the frame to jump to.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Or I suppose you could run the top-level application as one big, complex sub-app that always pulls from the updated MFA's...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never once considered it until this thread. Not sure about the application, but I do use two separate MFAs to build my current game. Still, because individual MFAs aren't updated in the project if you save a new iteration of the mfa and not the project containing it, it seems like more hassle than it's worth.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just updated my game yesterday to use a project. I've got one MFA that's kind of the parent project, and contains the individual frames, also saved out as separate MFA's. Then ideally I can copy/paste the frames from the child MFA's into the parent when they're ready, and in so doing, ideally not damage anything else in the game, and make the project more manageable when I get multiple people working on it. We'll see, but I do wish I could link MFA's in a project like individual frames.