Thread: List of Joystick 2 Device names

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hamstermp View Post
    UPDATE:

@Yyves Thank you so much! You saved me After I updated the joystick extension people no longer have issues with Steam. At least that's what players told me after I released a patch. Thank you

I am still waiting for multiplayer feedback after updating the extension but we were able to play on xbox+ps4 controller with no issues. However, instead of emulation I am using volnaiskra solution.
    Cool

Though I think the second issue doesn't happen with everyone (not me for example) and some people might still have issues. Fingers crossed.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just tested, issues still persist in my setup as outlined in my previous post. Both on a desktop setup with active XInput emulation and on Steam with controller configuration enabled. As soon as emulation is turned off things return to normal. I'm on the latest joy2 version. Found a little test .mfa I made last year to show the assignment issue. It's just one line that reads out "last input". With active XInput emulation, this value will always be dominated by one controller, while pressing the other one just induces a short flicker. Here's the Download.

As a side note: Steam just introduced "Remote Play", it's a Steam-based emulation that allows players to invite a friend elsewhere to their account for a local Co-Op session. Steam says the input will be nearly lag-free and the second player won't even have to own the game. This is such great news for us indies. We've not tested this with Outbuddies yet, think the service will launch late October, but I'll report how it behaves on XInput and Joy2. https://www.pcgamer.com/steams-remot...iplayer-games/

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    140 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    Just tested, issues still persist in my setup as outlined in my previous post. Both on a desktop setup with active XInput emulation and on Steam with controller configuration enabled. As soon as emulation is turned off things return to normal. I'm on the latest joy2 version. Found a little test .mfa I made last year to show the assignment issue. It's just one line that reads out "last input". With active XInput emulation, this value will always be dominated by one controller, while pressing the other one just induces a short flicker. Here's the Download.
    I've tested your example again. The "Last active joystick" expression of the Joystick 2 object is, IMHO, not significant to show issues. Joystick values may change often even if you don't touch the joystick, so it might indicate a change even if you didn't touch it if the dead zone is not large enough. Maybe the reason why the value changes sometimes in your example. Maybe a "Set dead zone" action would help?

Could you post another example that better shows the problem?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : You have the Outbuddies .mfa, choose the generic gamepad input in the options menu, that means using joy2, then you can test if you have the same issues. For local CoOp, call the Pause menu and press joystick up. You'll then be asked to assign a device for each player. This is the first point input will fail. Also when connecting two gamepads in SP, one of them might not work, although it should always read out the "last active" one. It's honestly impossible for me atm to dissect this from this giant project. An option is to modify the thing I presented and check if narrow dead zones actually cause this, I may be able to set it up in the next weeks, but for now, I need to care about the Outbuddies release next Tuesday. Fingers crossed^^

edit: Btw, I don't think dead zones are an issue, because if this was the cause turning emulation On/Off would likely make no difference.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @hamstermp I'm very pleased to hear that! I hope the rest of your launch goes smoothly!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7