User Tag List

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: List of Joystick 2 Device names

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this point I'd consider it necessary. With WAY more than 4 buttons per gamepad these days - not to mention Z triggers, motion controls, and dual 360 degree analog sticks - that's basic QOL stuff that should be built in, at the very least to help with cross-platform compatibility.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure how it's not a necessity - the vast majority of Fusion games are platformers or otherwise are 16-bit-era type games. Who willingly plays platformers on a keyboard?!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Without a decent dpad, I would gladly use the keyboard instead. ��

I had also heard that Clickteam might be rewriting the Joystick extension but have no clue if it is coming soon. Since I started working on my Switch port, it has become obvious how great a closed console environment is compared to the PC market when setting up gamepad ui. And writing code to remap the button ids has become a major hassle.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Despite being a PC-only gamer for the past 3 decades, I would never play any game with a keyboard nowadays, except maybe something with a hundred hotkeys like Starcraft 2. It's a dedicated Razer ergonomic keypad for shooters, and an xbox one gamepad for everything else!

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe all our controller problems / limitations will be resolved with F3. If you you read some of the negative reviews on games made with Fusion 2.5, lack of controller support is always there! I'm kinda glad I don't have much of a project in Fusion 2.5. Even if Clickteam rewrites the Joystick extension I still would not want to *start* anything too ambitious under 2.5+ at this point. That sort of thing should've come many years ago! I'm ready for F3 all the way!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    116 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, you'll probably be waiting a long time then...

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Well, you'll probably be waiting a long time then...
    lol.... It's close, Vol! 2020 has to be the year of F3... It just has to be!!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This subject has come up a number of times over the last 5 years that i have noticed.

Here is a link to a youtube vid by Snail on he goes over a number of questions asked in a thread on this forum from way way way way way back in 2013. The vid is also from 2013. He offers some solutions to working with joysticks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZZt0nMgzFQ

Its a long vid but worth a watch imoho .

Im not posting this as a solution to all the issues people have just another piece of the puzzle and for the interest of those that like watching vids to learn from.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Edel View Post
    lol.... It's close, Vol! 2020 has to be the year of F3... It just has to be!!!
    well, we all know that F3 is a total rewrite, so it might take one year or two to become stable enough, to port frequently used shaders and extensions, to be fully compatible with 2.5, and to transplant your game.IMO it will be 2022 or 2023 then.
    but......whatever, I can't finish my project before this time anyway.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast