User Tag List

Thread: How to add sound when the user clicks a button?

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question How to add sound when the user clicks a button?

Hello!
    I'm using the free version of Clickteam Fusion for a game design course in highschool. My current project has three frames: Start, Game, and Results. On the Start screen there is a start button object. In the Event Editor, there is a condition "User clicks with left button on (Start)" Under the storyboard controls, there is a green check mark and that makes it so that when you click the start button, you go to the next frame (the Game frame)
    It's the same on the Results frame, except clicking that start button just resets the application.

Now my problem: I'm trying to add a sound that plays when the button is clicked. It's just an extra thing my teacher suggested we add.
    I tried putting a green check mark next to "User clicks with left button on (start)" under the Sound icon- I thought it would play my chosen sound when clicked. But when I did this, the sound never played. Is this happening because it's also moving to the next frame? Or is there another way to make it play sound?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Correct, the sound is starting to play but because you're jumping immediately to the next frame it stops playing. There's an option though to allow sounds to continue playing even if the user jumps to another frame:

Checking this box will turn the option on.

If you wanted, another (alternate) solution might be to play the sound at the start of the 'game' frame

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello! Thank you for replying!
    You said "There's an option though to allow sounds to continue playing even if the user jumps to another frame:" and then "Checking this box will turn the option on." Was there supposed to be an image between them?
    But uh- where is the option/box to turn the first option on? It sounds like it might work

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Huh, that's unusual - this image ( https://i.imgur.com/ciF0Z6K.png ) was embedded in the post

Under the application properties, there's a few tabs, once of them is the runtime tab (looks like a sheet of paper with a play symbol on it), and in that section there's a play sounds over frames checkbox

No Products Registered

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It worked- thank you so much!!