User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Super Mario Bros. Fusion

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb [WIP] Super Mario Bros. Fusion

"Super Mario Bros. Fusion" is a game which I have worked on as a learning project since 2009.
    This game is a fusion of Super Mario Bros. and other classic games such as Batman, Darkwing Duck, DuckTales, Mega Man, Metroid, Wario Land, Zelda II and plenty of other titles as well.

The player will be able to visit different worlds and collect upgrades which can be used in various ways.
    For example, the player can visit the Metroid universe and collect the morphball and morphball bombs which can be used to either progress further in the Metroid world or as a way to destroy enemies or blocks in the other worlds.

Right now Mario is the only playable character in the game. I have plans to implement Link, Samus and Mega Man as well. Like Mario, all these characters will be slightly "fusioned" as they will have to be able to complete the goal of each world.

GAMEPLAY:

OTHER RESOURCES:
    Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/supermariobrosfusion
    Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/smbf
    Discord: https://discord.gg/hPV7dej
    YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsxC...CaqCq6w/videos
    The Daily Click: https://www.create-games.com/project...w=main&id=1854

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great job! Looks and sounds very authentic!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    wow! looks awesome!

how did you do the waterfall animation, are they made up of separate tiles cycling through animation frames?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks guys!

The waterfall/quicksand animation was probably one of more simple things in there. I just unchecked the box "Inactivate if too far from window" to make sure that the animation doesn't screw up. The animation itself is just a three frame loop at 15 speed. No other events needed. This works as the actives are created at the same time at the start of frame.

If I need to add an active like this at runtime or if I don't want to use the "Inactivate if too far from window" I just make sure the objects current frame is synced to a metronome (active object that is a value holder with alterable values dedicated to a specific objects current frame).
    An example of this would be:
    Every 00"-15
    Metronome: Add 1 to Current Frame Quicksand
    and then another line for
    Current Frame Quicksand of Metronome = 3
    Metronome: Set Current Frame Quicksand to 0
    and then a final line for
    Always
    Quicksand: Force animation frame to Current Frame Quicksand("Quicksand").

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, and yes, every block is made up of 16x16 sized active objects. So the quicksand in that level is made up of around 200 quicksand objects.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Really nice looking game, are all the sprites except Mario made by you?

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rosse119 View Post
    Really nice looking game, are all the sprites except Mario made by you?
    Thanks!
    I have made some custom sprites to the game and this includes some custom Mario animations as well. However, most if not all of the sprites are from their original games.
    I've tried to recreate both the levels, enemies and behaviors from the original games as close as I can and then make everything work together.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    New video from the latest build:

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    thanx for the explanation

so you don't draw the tiles as you scroll, you create the whole level maps tiles at the start?

how big are your maps in pixels?

& I really like the level design in the 2nd video, I can imagine that actually being a real level, you really captured the pacing of the classic games

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problem at all. Yes, everything is built at the start of the frame. It haven't been any problem with performance so far but I haven't tested my largest map this way yet (which is Brinstar).

My biggest map, Brinstar has the width of 15.168 pixels and height of 8.224 pixels. A more normal map like Darkwing Duck Sewers is 8.864 in width and 1.920 in height. However, this is twice as big as it could be as I scale all my 16x16 objects to 32x32. This might probably somewhat of a resource hog so I should probably look into fixing this later on. Although, this is just the max height and max width of a map, not the total amount of pixels from objects in the map. For example, Brinstar has 10.673 objects while the Sewers has 5448 objects. A small map like Super Mario Bros. 1-1 has only 760 objects.

Oh, the levels ARE from the original games, so that is probably why they seem like real levels!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast