User Tag List

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ project (Steam) can be exported using MAC addon?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion 2.5+ project (Steam) can be exported using MAC addon?

Can Fusion 2.5+ project (Steam) can be exported using MAC addon (non-steam) version?

Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you use the Steam version of Fusion you must get the Mac exporter DLC from Steam, you cannot use the non-Steam Mac exporter with the Steam version of Fusion.

Does this answer your question?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I mean, I have the non-steam Fusion and non-steam Mac. Iam developing using the Steam version with the Fusion 2.5+ add on. I'm assuming the 2.5+ project will not open on non-steam Fusion 2.5 is that correct? I'm not sure in case to port to Mac, I'll need to either
    1)buy Mac Exporter for Steam and install everything on a Mac
    2)buy Fusion 2.5+ DLC for non-steam version (that has Mac Exporter but doesn't has the 2.5+ DLC.
    or
    3)Open the project normally in non-steam fusion without the 2.5+DLC but with MAC Exporter.
    or other option?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    >> I'm assuming the 2.5+ project will not open on non-steam Fusion 2.5 is that correct?

It will open in non-Steam 2.5 if you do NOT use custom qualifiers or child events. Just try loading it with 2.5 and see if you get a "non compatible" message?

If you use 2.5+ features that are not compatible with 2.5, then yes you need to install either the Mac exporter DLC for Steam or the 2.5+ DLC for the stand-alone version.

At some point we offered a service to convert Fusion stand-alone serials into Steam key codes, $9.99 for each conversion, probably it's still available. I'll ask.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it. It would be nice to have the conversion available any time.
    Thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    OK, sorry for the delay. If you want to convert a Steam DLC to the standalone version, or a stand-alone serial to a Steam DLC, you can use this page in Clickstore:

https://clickstore.clickteam.com/steam_conversion?keyword=conversion

$9.99 per conversion

Otherwise did you check if your MFA can be loaded with the normal, stand-alone version without the 2.5+ DLC?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, it uses children events hehe thanks I'll check this when the game gets closer to port time.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Purchased, thanks.

Yves, looks like I made a confusion here. I actually do not have the any mac exporter, just the Mac Editor. So instead of opening a new topic I'd rather use this one here to clarify things up.

1)Can the Fusion Mac editor (that runs on a Mac, right?) open Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ projects if they use child events?
    2) If I purchase the Mac exporter(either steam or standalone), I assume the Fusion Mac editor won't be needed at all to generate the build. Of I'll still need to open the app generated on a mac to test etc but a Mac won't be needed to generate the app. Is that correct? Opening the project in Xcode is just needed if I want to sign to send to Mac App Store and so on.. right?

3)If I don't upgrade to Catalina, builds generated on Clickteam Fusion windows with the exporter will still be able to run on Catalina?

Now regarding the technical side

4) Does the ini and File Object automatically convert the directory and stuff needed on the mac? That is, the Appdrive$ + Appdir$ + file... or create directory on AppDataDirectory$( "File" ) + "\" + Directory name... deleting, renaming files.. or some action is needed? If so is it documented somewhere? Same with playing sound outside, etc.

Thanks in advance.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1)Can the Fusion Mac editor (that runs on a Mac, right?) open Clickteam Fusion 2.5+ projects if they use child events?
    Yes, but you need to install the 2.5+ DLC for the stand-alone version (= non-Steam) of Fusion...

2) If I purchase the Mac exporter(either steam or standalone), I assume the Fusion Mac editor won't be needed at all to generate the build.
    Correct. You can generate the Mac application (or project) on PC with your Steam version if you have the Mac exporter DLC for Steam. And then you can transfer the Mac application to your Mac if you want to test it (and/or transfer the Mac project and build the app yourself if you need to upload it to sign it, upload it to App Store, etc).

3)If I don't upgrade to Catalina, builds generated on Clickteam Fusion windows with the exporter will still be able to run on Catalina?
    Mac applications created with the Windows version of Fusion and the Mac exporter will run on any version of OSX (above Mavericks iirc) including Catalina. Only the Fusion Mac editor doesn't work on Catalina. The applications you generate work on Catalina.

Does the ini and File Object automatically convert the directory and stuff needed on the mac? That is, the Appdrive$ + Appdir$ + file... or create directory on AppDataDirectory$( "File" ) + "\" + Directory name... deleting, renaming files.. or some action is needed? If so is it documented somewhere? Same with playing sound outside, etc.
    Apppath$ will return the pathname of your application bundle (an application on Mac is a directory). There is some info about reading / writing files from / to your app bundle. It's described in the documentation of the "Redirect bundle files to user folder" in the help file, in Distributing your application / Build type / MacOS / Properties. Also if you want to include files in your app bundle before signing it, look at the "Preparing your MacOS application for the Apple Mac App Store" section in Distributing your application / Build type / MacOS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got it, thanks Yves!