User Tag List

Thread: Full screen in direct3D 11 mode?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Full screen in direct3D 11 mode?

Hi guys,
    I have a question : is there a way to achieve a full screen display in direct3D 11 mode, without stretching the frame if your screen has a higher definition?
    My screens are 1920 x 1200, and I'm working on a 1920 x 1080 project. When I test my project, the image is always stretched to fit the entire pixels available (graphics looks kinda bad when stretched).

The only way I found to keep the ratio is this unexpected combination (sorry it's in french but you can find them easily in Project > Window properties) :

Attachment 27678

With these options checked, the 1920 x 1080 is almost ok, with 2 black bars (top & bottom).
    The problem is that around 60 pixels are missing at the bottom (like hidden by the bottom black bar).
    The top black bar is even larger than the bottom one (?).

Does anyone have an idea how to achieve proper full screen in directX11 mode without stretching the pixels?

(Note that there's no problem when the project is tested in window mode.)

Thx guys

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I talked about D11 Fullscreen problem with Yves, he replied that he could reproduce it and would fix it.

In my case, more of the screen is missing, it has to do with it not being centered properly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCUnicode Add-on

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Blizna
    Good to know it's on the to-do list.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm still waiting for Clickteam to add support for true fullscreen ("change resolution mode") in DX11. I won't use DX11 without it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5+ DLC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    I'm still waiting for Clickteam to add support for true fullscreen ("change resolution mode") in DX11. I won't use DX11 without it.
    Hmm but wasnt it already implemented? Because the resolution does change (with the option checked), it is just not centered properly.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I don't think it changes resolution. It just does borderless windowed mode. If my mfa is a lower resolution to my monitor, I can see the difference. In dx9 with change resolution mode, the screen goes black for a moment, then the image becomes a bit fuzzy but smooth, as the resolution (of the monitor) has changed. In dx11 with change resolution mode, it doesn't have that black pause - it displays instantly, and the pixels are sharper, but the overall image is jaggier, as if it's been rescaled without AA.