User Tag List

Thread: Execute a exe from the same folder?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Execute a exe from the same folder?

Hi!

I'm trying to create a banner, and I've tried to execute another file, but it just doesn't work. I've tried natively, and tried the file object, still nothing. Tried AppData$+"blah\blah", but it just doesn't work. It just says syntax error. And I don't know why. I want it to be accessible anywhere on the system. It's really bugging me.

Thanks for helping me,

MrKnd94.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I am not sure if I follow completely but if I do then it should be fairly straightforward to do this.

Two methods below:

The buttons would substitute for "clicking a banner" in this case. I've attached the example.
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks! But there's another problem. The application isn't closing after I opened it right away. Can this be sorted?

Thanks in advance,

MrKnd94.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I see! If you don't want anyone to be able to launch your app outside of clicking the banner then I think a simple method would be to add a command line switch.

When you execute an application from Fusion, you can add a command line item like "/Secret". In this case I'd treat it as a password though so it'd be something like "/S9xUJ32nXp". It could even be something you generate during runtime depending on multiple factors, but I think that's a bit of an overkill...

Then in the executed app's events you would simply compare this the secret password with the expression CommandItem$("s"), "S" being the first character of our command line item. If we don't find our secret key with this then we'll "End Application" straight away.

So it'd look like this:

App 1(the one with banner):

Launches "test_app.exe" with our secret code "/S9xUJ32nXp".

App 2(the .exe being launched):

Checks the command line content. If Fusion cannot see this secret code then the app will shut itself down. Also note that "/S" is omitted in this part. I am not sure on the details as to why, it's just how it works.

I think this is an easy way to do it. There's a couple other ideas that comes to mind but I think this is the least messy one I have. I hope it makes sense!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi again.

I can't seem to find the event which states that the CommandItem$ <> the code? I know it's the Special Events, but it's where I'm clueless on. I'm not sure why either hahah.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've tried to compare two general values, putting it in a string by the str$ command, but that didn't work? So, I'm lost!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yup! It's an Expression so you won't find it in Actions or Conditions. So you're on the right track:

Create a new event with the condition "Compare two general values" and you'll find the expression in there.

So it's "Get command item" we want in this case.

Also the Command line is already a string so there's normally no need for a str$() conversion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi!

Thanks so much! It works! When you hide the application, it works.
    Anyway, thanks!

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! Glad it's working!