User Tag List

Thread: 8 Direction Move Safely 2 Collision Detection - XY Stored on Alt Variables Issue

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8 Direction Move Safely 2 Collision Detection - XY Stored on Alt Variables Issue

I recently implemented a custom 8 direction movement system to my game. I store the xPlayer and yPlayer as variables, and then I set the x and y position to these variables. I am then trying to use the Move Safely 2 object for collision detection.

The code for when a player moves up or down is:
    yPlayer = yPlayer( "Player" ) + ( MoveY( "Player" ) * speedControl("Player")

This causes the Move Safely Object 2 not work, as when a player collides when an obstacle, the yPlayer variable continues to increase while the player remains in the spot moving up against the obsticle, and then suddenly the player warps to the yPlayer coordinate once the player is no longer colliding with the obsticle.

A solution to fix this is to change the formula to:
    yPlayer = Y( "Player" ) + ( MoveY( "Player" ) * speedControl("Player")

The problem with this though, is that I can no longer affect the speed properly with a float value like the speedControl variable.

I am assuming I just have to ditch the Move Safely object and opt for a custom solution that uses the alterable values instead of player position for the push out feature.
    I wanted to post and see if anyone had a good solution already made for an 8 direction custom collision detection system like this, or if anyone had any ideas for how to work with the Move Safely Object for my specific problem.

Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's times like this when hording mfas can be useful:
    8Directions-Fastloops-and-physics.mfa
    8 Direction Example.mfa
    8 Direction Move Safe.mfa

Two of those are thanks to the genius of @BartekB and the other is a movesafely example, I can't quite remember where it came from at this time. I'm not quite sure what was wrong with your issue, but these are some good examples of how it can be done. (On the first one, toggle the appropriate group to enable fast loops based movement or physics.)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The second example was just what I was looking for. Thanks! Maybe I have seen that example before but must have forgotten.