User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: bugs only appearing in exe version of application

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bugs only appearing in exe version of application

When running my game as a windows exe, there are active objects missing that show up without problem when running the game from Fusion.

There's seems to be a difference in how the code is executed depending on if it's running as a standalone exe or through edrtex.exe. In my game this manifests as objects not being created or displayed.

Some examples included

exe missing icons.jpg
    exe missing menu.jpg

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated! Will do some testing to see if I can make the objects appear again

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did you tick the block - include external files?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no, but these are not external files, they are just normal active objects with normal animations... I don't use any included external files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Could be an ordering function? They might be there but depending on when they're created, might be getting covered up by the icon frames.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have you tried to find them in the debugger, to work out if they're mispositioned, invisible, etc. or actually non-existent?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this in regular 2.5 or 2.5+? I had an issue with the "Optimize Events" feature of 2.5+ that caused certain events to get out of whack.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I turned Optimize Events off until I start a project with it on from the beginning.

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    probably this also happens with any action that is not supported on the target platform.
    might because you used some unsupported actions in parent events.
    https://community.clickteam.com/threads/106374-BUG-quot-Send-Text-to-Debugger-quot-doesn-t-work-properly-in-2-5

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the suggestions!

Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    Could be an ordering function? They might be there but depending on when they're created, might be getting covered up by the icon frames.
    Maybe, but then it should behave the same when running from within Fusion?

Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Have you tried to find them in the debugger, to work out if they're mispositioned, invisible, etc. or actually non-existent?
    When running from Fusion they show up and exist in the debugger normally and since I can't use the debugger while running as an exe the debugger wont help.

Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Is this in regular 2.5 or 2.5+? I had an issue with the "Optimize Events" feature of 2.5+ that caused certain events to get out of whack.
    2.5+ but same here, if that's the cause, it should still behave the same when running from Fusion or from an Exe?

Clicker

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by defisym View Post
    This! Must be it, I use a LOT of debugger output and this is exactly the problem that happens! Ok so it does seem to be a bug then, I really hope it gets fixed in the next release!

[EDIT] And the icons are back! Removed a debug output on a parent event and everything now works as intended.

Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast