User Tag List

Thread: Possible Firefly bug (FPS camera)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Possible Firefly bug (FPS camera)

Hello,
    The servers for the bugbox are down, so I thought I'd let people know of my problem here.
    Basically, I'm trying to make an old-school FPS in Fusion with Firefly. I'm attempting to use the FPS camera, but it seems very off. What I mean is that, when the camera moves like is shown in the tutorials, the camera rotation drifts. It's especially noticeable when strafing and jumping simultaneously. This can be very bad and can make it unplayable in cases when the camera jumps in a certain way, creating what seems to be a seizure-inducing spin. I have included the .mfa here: FPS Engine Test.zip, but this is not exclusive to mine alone. I have found that the other tutorials suffer from this problem as well, which leads me to believe that it's a limitation with the engine as of now. If there's a way to program the camera so that it's stationary when the player jumps, then that would be great for my project. Thanks!
    -PowerUpT

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that I have found the specific bug. The camera is always targeting the point (0, 0, 0), despite the fact that I have "bind target and rotation" clicked. If someone could confirm that for me, that would be great!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    bind target and rotation only changes the rotation of the FF_Camera object if you change the target

the reason the camera adjusts your view is due to the fact your target isnt changing - if you place another object in the world and look at it when you jump you will stay looking at it - if you dont want to look at it when you jump you need to change what your looking at

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Made a video outlining my problem in more detail, since I don't think that my issue is being understood.
    https://youtu.be/lFa1mxMmzG4

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The fps controller is incorrect programmed it has nothing to do with autotarged on/off, it always rotates toward the orgin, the only thing you can do is, work around it like here look.

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/103924-Wallslide-rotation-glitch-FPS-jump-rotation-glitch-FIX?highlight=wallslide+rotation

But in the end it will not help you either because the fps controller does not work correct with slopes (going up and down a ramp).

You can only try to make your own fps movement which is not hard in general, but in firefly it is because basic features are not there.
    - Its starts complicated because; how do you move around an object with WASD keys for example on local coordinate? I did not find a way to retrive them.
    - Making a jump is simple; your player is an physicsbody the head a camera (children) now you just apply an impulse to the physicsbody in the up direction on keypress and after that the physics gravity drags him back down, only problem is ... well ... there is not physics engine, no raycasting, nothing. ...

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fixed! Thanks, Manuel and Patrice (Reactor Discord)!
    Basically, I just had to move all objects away from (0, 0, 0). I put them around (480, 480, 480) for anyone else facing the issue. Nobody (including me) seems to know what the problem is, but that is the fix.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    how do you move around an object with WASD keys for example on local coordinate? I did not find a way to retrive them.
    attach a dummy in front of you - set your location to its absolute location - job done

Quote Originally Posted by Manuel View Post
    - Making a jump is simple; your player is an physicsbody the head a camera (children) now you just apply an impulse to the physicsbody in the up direction on keypress and after that the physics gravity drags him back down, only problem is ... well ... there is not physics engine, no raycasting, nothing. ...
    raycasting was added in the last update