User Tag List

Thread: Random Crashing & "None" Input

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Random Crashing & "None" Input

My game is crashing uncontrollably.
    It's not my global events, as I've deleted them and ran it without them, yet still crashes.
    It's not the objects in that specific frame, as I've recreated the frame I was testing with placeholder objects, default and all, yet still crashes.
    It's not the executable, as I have made a smaller build with nothing but around 50% of the frames, all of which were needed to function, yet still crashes.
    I even skipped the entirety of what would've been the issue with Start of frame -> Jump Frame, yet still crashes.

Before I started investigating this I sent what I thought was a clean version of my game to my friends and they reported back crashing in random places and input not being read.

In my binding frame, the label that changes to what the player input for that keybinding is supposed to change to just that. Instead it always changes it to none.
    I also recreated this specific frame, and included that and a level frame for testing, except this time it worked. The input was being shown and all.

If there are nothing client side or globally being effect in game, let alone in the first frame, why are these things happening?

Also, these two problems occurred together, so I have a hunch that this "no trigger-trigger" is affecting both.

Any help would be appreciated.

Standard 2.5, not 2.5+, should that be an issue.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance of seeing an MFA file to figure out what's going on? You've done a lot of isolation steps to narrow down the root cause of the issue, but without an MFA file I think we'd be doing a bit of guesswork

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlcaanizt3...0only.mfa?dl=0

While a lot isn't finalized, a lot is used, so I'm using Dropbox to delete later.

Good test is to just launch and keep relaunching if it doesn't crash the first time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It seems to be the Tray Icon extension. Delete it from the first frame and it stops crashing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you in that regard! If someone can find out what's keeping the input from actually being read from the Control frame, then that would make my week.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure if this is the exact issue, but the only problem I encountered with the binding frame was that the "Right" control was never saved to the INI file (but all the other controls seem to save to the INI just fine) - this is because the "Always" line on 27 doesn't get a chance to execute after the "Right" key has been bound (that is, it's going from Line 39 to Line 41 and writing to the INI file *before* the text box changes). You could change this from "Always" to an "On Loop (loop name)" and just call this loop when needed, before it writes to the ini file

Binding seems to work fine on the map levels, but n the "Stage" levels, the ini file is missing, meaning that the game never loads the bindings into the global string - adding the INI file object to these frames seems to fix it