User Tag List

Thread: in/out fading between frames in Active?

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

in/out fading between frames in Active?

Working on a new project, and I am stuck on probably an easy solutions.

I have an Active with 5 frames, and I want to fade in/out transition between the frames for that active.
    So it's not the Page Frames, but for 1 active.
    Is that possible within 1 active, and it also need to be able to work for Mobile.

Thank you

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can set the alpha-blending co-efficient - this works windows and Android:

Set a value or flag - and while that value / flag is set - each frame loop add 5 or 10: Set alpha-blending co-efficient to alphacoef[object] + 5

And then reverse it on the new frame: Set alpha-blending co-efficient to 255 and deduct 5

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you want one frame to blend into another (rather than A fading from 100% to 0% followed by B fading from 0% to 100%), you'll probably need two actives (or two instances of the same active). One that holds the first frame, and one that holds the second frame. Then you can place one on top of the other, and slowly decrease alpha on the top one while you increase alpha on the bottom one, until the top one has gone from 255 to 0, and the bottom one has gone from 0 to 255.

Forum Moderator

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    If you want one frame to blend into another (rather than A fading from 100% to 0% followed by B fading from 0% to 100%), you'll probably need two actives (or two instances of the same active). One that holds the first frame, and one that holds the second frame. Then you can place one on top of the other, and slowly decrease alpha on the top one while you increase alpha on the bottom one, until the top one has gone from 255 to 0, and the bottom one has gone from 0 to 255.
    Thanks,
    Yes I wanted to go like that. Didn't realize I needed 2 actives then. This might become a problem for me then.
    Have to see how that all works, since I never had to deal with that before.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Searched the forums and came about this topic, looking for the same thing. I was hoping for a solution that didn't require more than one active. However, I wonder if with Fusion 2.5+ optimizations.. perhaps we would see no significant performance hit if we kill the object once it fades out?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah try Destroying the object once you don't need it anymore. Theoretically you only need one active object, but then just Create a second one at runtime, give it a higher ID alterable value, and do the fading on the object with the specific ID number you want.