User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Too many unique active objects = Corruption of Event Editor?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    That's awesome to hear that a limit of 30,000 could be possible after all, Yves. I'll be eagerly awaiting the update that has this limit increase.

And build 292 supports up to 3.5 Gb of RAM?? How did I miss that? That's amazing, I had thought Fusion could only go up to around 2 Gb. Is that in an upcoming 292 update, or is it already in the current version?
    It's already in all versions of the build 292.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Good to know. Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    we plan to release a beta at the end of next week. Unfortunately I can't send you a temporary fix right now, due to the other changes that have been done.
    @Yves
    Is this beta available?
    I noticed that the event list editor stopped working as well now, so I'm kind of locked from continuing my project.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not yet, sorry. We're trying to release it this week.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, thats great! Really looking forward to that!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    I could absolutely hit over 1000 actives generated in my game (yay level editors with a stamp), but I don't have anywhere close to 1000 object types, let alone 2000. Obviously any boost in object limits is welcome, especially when it comes to level editors as you never know what someone is gonna try to build. But smart optimization will always surpass more powerful tech.
    agreed.. I can't imagine having thousands of objects to contend with in the event editor >_<

my project is tightly packaged, where for example, every enemy sprite/animation is embedded in one active object that just loads different animations/values/stats for different enemies.. the player can have 50+ different weapons, they all share the same object, I just use alterable values to modify things like stats/effects/animation speed etc.

See below, my entire project which is a fairly fully featured action RPG, has hardly any objects at all. It makes dealing with the event editor 1000x more enjoyable.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't even know that creating your own level editor was a thing that "should" be done until just some months ago. Earlier I just went with the built in frame editor and created every level in it's own frame which was then saved to an array.

Creating a level editor right now (in the last stages before my 1.0 release) feels like putting my project on hold while starting a whole new project, which will also take an enormous amount of time. I will also have to recreate every single level that I have built earlier in the frame editor which isn't really anything that I look forward to. But I guess I will have to do it anyway later on.

I will probably aim to create something like a Super Mario Maker editor which also allows players to create their levels while I'm at it.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vSv View Post
    Earlier I just went with the built in frame editor and created every level in it's own frame which was then saved to an array.
    Huh... I had never thought to do this, this is a really neat way to do it

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vSv View Post
    I didn't even know that creating your own level editor was a thing that "should" be done until just some months ago. Earlier I just went with the built in frame editor and created every level in it's own frame which was then saved to an array.

Creating a level editor right now (in the last stages before my 1.0 release) feels like putting my project on hold while starting a whole new project, which will also take an enormous amount of time. I will also have to recreate every single level that I have built earlier in the frame editor which isn't really anything that I look forward to. But I guess I will have to do it anyway later on.

I will probably aim to create something like a Super Mario Maker editor which also allows players to create their levels while I'm at it.
    I was in the same boat for a while. There had been some demand to build a level editor for our game, but it wasn't something I was really keen on doing until one of the programmers we were mentoring was like "This needs a level editor," so I was like "uggghhhh fine." I thought it'd be a nightmare but I had a featured enough version by the end of the weekend to build all the content we already had (albeit a bit slowly compared to how long it would take now a year and a half later).

One thing to keep in mind when you're creating a consumer-focused level editor is that players are going to find bugs you never even know existed until you opened up content generation. Always remember that you're comfortable working within your own limitations, but nobody else will ever honor them.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    Always remember that you're comfortable working within your own limitations, but nobody else will ever honor them.
    Thanks, that's something I hadn't considered and I will probably not have the patience for that right now. I'd rather focus on expanding the main game than finding ways to make everything in the level editor as simple as possible.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast