User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Feature Request: Robust Level Editing

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lightbulb Feature Request: Robust Level Editing

Hello all.

I’ve been dabbling with Tiled and understand there are possibilities in getting those maps to import into Fusion, but I personally would prefer to map things out directly in Fusion. Some of the groundwork is already there with the “Paint Mode” which allows you to paint the tiles in like you would in Tiled. Where I feel there could be a more robust level editor is as follows:

1) Add customizable keyboard shortcuts to toggle “Paint Mode.”
    2) Add an eraser tool (with a customizable keyboard shortcut) that deletes a tile on the selected layer.
    3) Add a “grid” that shows screens in their own boxes beyond the initial black lines. It’d be super helpful if this first black box in the top left corner could have a switch to replicate it over and over throughout the size of the frame. If your app size is 1280x720, then the switch could repeat a box of 1280x720 in rows and columns. This could be super helpful when building rooms.
    4) Allow users to hold a customizable key (space bar, such as Photoshop and Tiled) to freely pan the level editor. As of now you have to click the icon and then move around, then untoggle this function. If we could just hold a key and use the mouse to left click and drag, it’d be more in line with modern functionality.
    5) Easier parallax placement. It’s really cumbersome to have to offset tiles in the level editor to compensate with how parallaxing works at runtime. If I set a layer to 0.5 parallaxing, then I have to move the tiles 50% of the way back. When dealing with odder numbers and lots of layers, this becomes incredibly time consuming to get right. Even if I calculate them as a percentage according to the pixel placement it is still tough to get it right. I’d much prefer to place the tiles in the level editor where I want to see them at runtime and Fusion can calculate how far back it moves them, rather than placing the tiles further back so that I -hope- I can like them up.
    6) While holding Shift (or any customizable key), click any two points to draw a line between the to fill a line of tiles using the “Paint Mode.”

I realize I might be asking for a lot and some or all of this may be difficult to implement. If we at least could get points 1,2 and 4 that would greatly enhance tile based workflows.

Thanks!!!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    #1 will be done in the next update, I've added a Paint Mode entry to the Edit menu and a default keyboard shortcut that you can modify in the toolbar settings.

Not sure about #4, #1 seems enough to me.

I'll add the other points to the wish list.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Neat list, I think some of these would help a lot for sure. Though don't we have "4)" already? I pan the Frame Editor all the time using Space + Left Mouse Button or just the Middle Mouse Button alone. I have no idea if it can be customized though...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piscesdreams View Post
    Hello all.
    4) Allow users to hold a customizable key (space bar, such as Photoshop and Tiled) to freely pan the level editor. As of now you have to click the icon and then move around, then untoggle this function. If we could just hold a key and use the mouse to left click and drag, it’d be more in line with modern functionality.
    Are you talking about panning in the frame editor? If you hold spacebar and click+drag you can pan around the window (if you're zoomed in or the level is big enough). You can also use Alt + mousewheel to zoom in and out.

If you're in paint mode though, panning around will still work, but your paint 'brush' is emptied. Selecting the object on the left side though will go back to painting

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall CreatorInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And adding an option to rotate/scale objects without change the sprite

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    Neat list, I think some of these would help a lot for sure. Though don't we have "4)" already? I pan the Frame Editor all the time using Space + Left Mouse Button or just the Middle Mouse Button alone. I have no idea if it can be customized though...
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    Are you talking about panning in the frame editor? If you hold spacebar and click+drag you can pan around the window (if you're zoomed in or the level is big enough). You can also use Alt + mousewheel to zoom in and out.

If you're in paint mode though, panning around will still work, but your paint 'brush' is emptied. Selecting the object on the left side though will go back to painting
    Yes, that's exactly what I was shooting for. Weird, I tried it last night and couldn't get it to work that way. I could only click the "Move" (hand) icon and drag it around with the LMB. I'll try again and check my preferences to see if I did something goofy when setting Fusion up on my new PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    #1 will be done in the next update, I've added a Paint Mode entry to the Edit menu and a default keyboard shortcut that you can modify in the toolbar settings.

Not sure about #4, #1 seems enough to me.

I'll add the other points to the wish list.
    Great! Thanks Yves!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you on a laptop? I remember that on my laptop I wasn't able to properly pan either, but had to press the hand icon first, like you said. A similar thing happened in Photoshop.

I can't remember if I ever solved it (I nowadays use a plugged in mouse whenever I use my laptop anyway) but maybe play around with your laptop's trackpad settings.

If you do use a mouse, try the MMB method too.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, I am using a wired keyboard and a wired/wireless hybrid mouse. I’ll give it a whirl though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If we're looking at tiling features, I'd really like an intelligent tile feature. This is where you can paint using a tile which has setup borders optio NS, usually nine times in a cube grid and then a further four to cover most patters. You then paint and based on the shape of the tiles it auto assigns the edge tiles eg top bottom side and corner tiles. Makes for very easy level building.

Clicker Fusion 2.5

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I really want for paint mode is the preview to snap to a grid. Sure, when you actually put a tile down it'll snap to grid, but when moving the cursor around the tile sticks to it perfectly instead of grid snapping, so I never really know where it'll place the tile until I click. I can try to line it up, but sometimes it's a crap shoot and in the time spent lining it up I could just be Ctrl + Dragging them in standard mode.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast