User Tag List

Thread: Order to front/back on Always performance?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Order to front/back on Always performance?

Is there a big performance hit from using "Always bring to front" or "Always bring to back"? I'd like to think that if it was already the foremost object it would be a negligible hit, but testing it's order may still be a heavy task.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If it's a single object it will be fast.

If it moves several objects in a single Move to Front action, this can be a bit slow, even if performance in this case has been dramatically improved in the build 292.

If you have several Always Move to Front actions for different objects, then this can be slower (as it will always move the first objects, and then move the other groups, etc).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, it's for four objects in a group, just some HUD items that I didn't want to have to set up a flag for happening once, would using it on a group be the same performance?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    If you use it on a group it will be slower than for a single object as it will need to list all the concerned objects, maybe sort them (I don't remember exactly) and check if the group is already in front, etc. I strongly suggest that you use a flag to move them to front / back only when it's necessary, if possible.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, I've reworked it with a flag now to only sort once, it's good to know the performance hits of certain actions.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I wonder what would the performance impact be of moving the HUD into its own layer instead.
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshtek View Post
    I wonder what would the performance impact be of moving the HUD into its own layer instead.
    I would usually use layers but I wanted to the HUD on the same layer for some aesthetic tricks, although it would be interesting to know if layers add a performance hit.