User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Secret undocumented animation features

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Secret undocumented animation features

Just ran into a super weird bug where I was starting a for each loop for a group, and um it would scope an object and then take its ID and put it somewhere else, basically it was for capturing a bug and having it show up in a bottle in a menu right but it wasn't working for one bug, ha. um. insect
    and the problem turned out to be that the bugged insect had a DISAPPEARING animation
    for some reason having a disappearing animation would cause the destroy command to trigger before the loop command, or something, and was basically negating the loop.

basically the undocumented code that goes along with the DISAPPEARING animation was causing me much grief
    Fusion 3 should REALLY have an option to turn all of the secret code off
    or at least have a guide to what it does
    or honestly an FAQ update for 2.5 would be awesome
    like when you press F1, ya know?
    If there is documentation for all this stuff somewhere please let me know

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I cannot seem to reproduce it here... Do you have an .mfa of the issue by any chance?

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I figured it out. The point was that undocumented auto-features actually trip people up. Wish there was a repository for this stuff.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FlipSwitchX View Post
    I figured it out. The point was that undocumented auto-features actually trip people up. Wish there was a repository for this stuff.
    Sounds a lot like you made a mistake, figured it out, and won't admit it had nothing to do with an "undocumented feature." If this is a real issue, post an .mfa reproducing it so it can be addressed. You want there to be a repository for "this stuff" but you won't even actually share the undocumented feature you supposedly discovered.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyGoose View Post
    Sounds a lot like you made a mistake, figured it out, and won't admit it had nothing to do with an "undocumented feature." If this is a real issue, post an .mfa reproducing it so it can be addressed. You want there to be a repository for "this stuff" but you won't even actually share the undocumented feature you supposedly discovered.
    @CuddlyGoose , I am not sure either if @FlipSwitchX 's phrases are aggressive, which I doubt, or if you are.

Correct me if I am wrong but what he is refering to as undocumentedauto-feature is probably the standard behavior of Fusion which is not expected.

I myself has serious problems with properly coding animations and though I don't remember exactly why, I think it had something to do with the stop animation looping. It got me crazy. Then I found another post about it and figured it out (or maybe I got some help from here too). This was undocumented, unexpected and standard behaviour (i think thats what he means by saying auto-feature).

Also there is a possibility he doesnt even know what he did to fix it. Never the less, it would be nice to share the solution.

Clicker

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AftPeakTank View Post
    @CuddlyGoose , I am not sure either if @FlipSwitchX 's phrases are aggressive, which I doubt, or if you are.

Correct me if I am wrong but what he is refering to as undocumentedauto-feature is probably the standard behavior of Fusion which is not expected.

I myself has serious problems with properly coding animations and though I don't remember exactly why, I think it had something to do with the stop animation looping. It got me crazy. Then I found another post about it and figured it out (or maybe I got some help from here too). This was undocumented, unexpected and standard behaviour (i think thats what he means by saying auto-feature).

Also there is a possibility he doesnt even know what he did to fix it. Never the less, it would be nice to share the solution.
    It is unreasonable and unhelpful to complain about a problem without providing any evidence of the problem. Then when asked for the evidence, it is brushed off, and the complaint is repeated. This does not help anyone. This happens all too regularly in these forums. If the problem is real, then proof needs to be provided so it can be addressed. Otherwise, posts like these are counterproductive and quite unfair to the developers.

I'm not arguing that there aren't undocumented features or weird quirks with Fusion, but this posts reads like a user made a mistake and is refusing to acknowledge that while still placing the blame on Clickteam.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @CuddlyGoose , I guess only @FlipSwitchX can tell us what actually happened here. I am also curious to know what actually happened.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyGoose View Post
    It is unreasonable and unhelpful to complain about a problem without providing any evidence of the problem. Then when asked for the evidence, it is brushed off, and the complaint is repeated. This does not help anyone. This happens all too regularly in these forums. If the problem is real, then proof needs to be provided so it can be addressed. Otherwise, posts like these are counterproductive and quite unfair to the developers.

I'm not arguing that there aren't undocumented features or weird quirks with Fusion, but this posts reads like a user made a mistake and is refusing to acknowledge that while still placing the blame on Clickteam.
    Ah the old "I didn't see it so it couldn't have happened" argument. People like you never fail to impress.

Stay on topic anyway. He addressed your first concern and expressed his point clearly - and its very understandable. Hidden features in fusion that seem to be undocumented. Fusion isn't exactly the most well-documented software and finding needed information isn't always easy. Not everyone has a deep understanding of Fusion and those that do still don't know everything. You can't expect a beginner or even intermediate user to have knowledge on something they have never encountered - especially if they didn't start with an older version of fusion/tgf/cnc/knp etc. where likelyhood of exposure to weird/unexplainable "quirks" or even bugs were a bit more likely.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    C'mon guys, don't argue - it's Christmas

I think it'd be really great to have a repository of these secret undocumented animation features. It's a funny thing, the Clickteam animation system. It does a lot of stuff without you asking, and some of the time that's really helpful, and some of the time it's really unhelpful. But it is what it is, and it's definitely not going to change before F3 - even if Yves fully understands how it works, he's not going to change core code and risk breaking decades worth of MFAs.

So it'd be great to have a reference for how this stuff works somewhere. Maybe we can try here. I'll start, with what I know:

Appear: play when an object is first created
    Disappear: plays when the object is destroyed. The object will only cease to be after the animation finishes
    Stopped: plays when object is explicitly stopped with a "stop" action, but also if speed is 0 (this is the case with bouncing ball movement - not sure about other movements)
    Walking: seems to play automatically when speed is at 1-74 (again, I've only tested with bouncing ball movement)
    Running: seems to play automatically when speed is 75+ (again, I've only tested with bouncing ball movement)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    even if Yves fully understands how it works
    I wish I would understand it. I don't know very well this part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast