User Tag List

Thread: Can you make Bouncy Ball NPC that run away from Play on Top Down Game?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Can you make Bouncy Ball NPC that run away from Play on Top Down Game?

Hi I am sorry to keep bothering you all with my posts, I am really trying not to ask, I have been following the advice I have been given, looked at the examples on ClickTeam Fusion Examples Folder, Particulary the Vector Movement,
    I loved how one of the examples in the MFA file had Alien's with Vector movement running away from the player when the player got close, I would love to do this using a Bouncy Ball Scenario instead, I was wondering is it possible, I know how to have a Bouncy Ball Enemy follow on a top down game, but I would love to have the bouncy Ball NPC run away and not run towards the player in order to escape, So I could not do a random movement.

I have tried looking for forum posts on this forum that might cover something similar to save me typing another post, but have not let found one.

Also I stay with Bouncy Ball Movement over Grid-Based because of it's speed even though I understand it may not be quite as efficent.

Thanks Everybody for your time and patience with me, I am really sorry for all the bother.
    I wish I did not need to keep asking, I obviously am a slow learner.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You dont need to apologize, the forum is here to help.
    Probably a lot of ways do this but two simple ways are that you could take the direction of the player and set the ball to the opposite (minus 16 degrees) or have random objects scattered around the arena and make the ball go to one of those. Neither are pathfinding though so the ball wont go around obstacles.

You could also try to join the discord, sometimes its quicker getting replies there.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by zip2kx View Post
    You dont need to apologize, the forum is here to help.
    Probably a lot of ways do this but two simple ways are that you could take the direction of the player and set the ball to the opposite (minus 16 degrees) or have random objects scattered around the arena and make the ball go to one of those. Neither are pathfinding though so the ball wont go around obstacles.

You could also try to join the discord, sometimes its quicker getting replies there.
    Thanks so much zip2kx, I will try this straight away
    I will also look into the discord channel Thanks for this