User Tag List

Thread: String Parser qualifier not working?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

String Parser qualifier not working?

i am trying to scope the string parser object using a qualifier (as it does have any alterable values so i can't scope ID it that way)

it seems to work with the first string parser object, but when i set the qualifier to the second string parser object it doesn't work.

i'd be grateful if anyone can help me to get this working
    Attached files Attached files

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I believe that's just how "Compare Two General Values" work. It doesn't scope against all objects. What probably happened was that it picked your first String Parser, found that it was not named "String Parser 2" and the scoping ended there. I think the creation order determines which object it picks, not entirely sure to be honest.

You can solve this with a for each loop though:

I snuck one in at Line 1 and 5. Now the string returns "2222" instead of "Text".

In this case it will guarantee that every object is scoped. I hope this works for your project
    Attached files Attached files

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chrilley View Post
    I believe that's just how "Compare Two General Values" work. It doesn't scope against all objects. What probably happened was that it picked your first String Parser, found that it was not named "String Parser 2" and the scoping ended there. I think the creation order determines which object it picks, not entirely sure to be honest.
    Using "Compare Two General Values" uses the value of the first object that is in scope and doesn't change the scope. That is one reason why so many objects have conditions to test its value/state, because when you test through the object's conditions Fusion will test it for each instance and reduce the scope to only those that meet the test (and not run the event if no objects are in scope).
    .:::.Joshtek.:::.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Developer

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    @chrilley thanks dude that works, altho, i wish there was a way to just check it directly so i could do it on 1 line, only way is to check it from its object fixed value number, its poor that thats the only option it gives you in the event if statement

@Joshtek cheers for the info dude. if thats how it works, then there should definitely be a check object by name option for every singe object lol