User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Weird Frame Rate Drop

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok so I am very very close to fixing my issue.
    I made the blood screen tileable, and that runs smooth, but now I need to downsize the blur screen.
    The problem with this is that the blur effect isn't tileable so it looks ugly, but at the same time I wanna keep it.
    Any thoughts?
    I'm thinking about removing it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Talking

Hello everybody! I finally fixed the frame glitch! I took or maybe misinterpreted the advice dsilvers gave me. I made the blood and the blur tileable.
    Also fixed the ugly blur.
    It now looks great with no frame drops!
    Last question, would you guys like to see the results?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please show the results!

The advice I gave was to split the blood up into multiple objects and scale them differently in the code, however if you are happy with the results of one smaller blood object stretched out, then that's fine too.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    from what I understand you can do it with an object that has a single color, not with objects that have more nuances, in that case I think it's worth putting the big object on the frame by removing the "visible at start" option and reactivating the visibility when serves by adding the event:
    Is visible = bring to front. I think it is better than creating an object that is difficult to tiling

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Scaling is always done with Bilinear interpretation, if I'm remembering correctly. This means Fusion will perform a simple blur between the edges of each pixel in order to fake the look of smoothness in the graphic. I believe you can remove this interpretation by turning off the "Antialiasing" option per object, but honestly I've never seen this checkbox have much too much visible effect.

The advantage to scaling an object with just a single color is that there are no other colors to blur, so it looks much cleaner in scaling, other than the edges. A graphic that is just a single pixel is always 1 color, and because there is no alpha on the edges, it can't blur those either. Therefore, if you need a fullscreen color for fades and such, it's best to do those as a single pixel and scale them up to "Frame Width x Frame Height."

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yes, for a single color and certainly better, but for a more complex nuance in your opinion what should be done? create the object or make it visible again? or does it change practically nothing?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2