User Tag List

Thread: Screen shake with zoom shader?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Screen shake with zoom shader?

I have screen shake on most of my levels using random and adjusting the camera position, but for one level I need a quick one-off screen shake without changing the size of the level and adding a shake border. Is it possible to use a zoom shader on the whole screen to do a screen shake for this type of effect?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have the zoom shader installed at the moment, but my instinct says to apply the shader to the layer instead of the whole screen, and shake the layer instead of changing the camera position.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could use a shader, but you can also do screenshake just by manipulating the layer's X/Y coords using the layer object:

If you wanted all the layers to shake the same way (rather than each layer shaking independently) you can set their X/Y coords to the same position as the first layer being shaken

Note that this can affect some objects if they're moving

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It sounded to me like the goal was to zoom in on a Frame that wasn't any wider or taller than the screen resolution and still do a screenshake. May have just misread it though.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    You could use a shader, but you can also do screenshake just by manipulating the layer's X/Y coords using the layer object:

If you wanted all the layers to shake the same way (rather than each layer shaking independently) you can set their X/Y coords to the same position as the first layer being shaken

Note that this can affect some objects if they're moving
    Does this work if there isn’t any extra space to perform the screenshake? The width of the frame is as wide as it can go and I’m at the top of the screen, does layer coord offset require the frame width to have this extra?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 Mac
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No need for extra space since it moves the entire layer itself rather than the camera. It's basically the same effect as moving the camera "beyond" the frame's edge

This is a little bit exaggerated but the black square with the pink outline is an 100x100 active object on a 100x100 frame.

The bright green colour isn't a part of the frame itself but is the border colour of the frame (normally white)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And if you're zoomed in far enough, that green shouldn't show up at all.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marbenx View Post
    No need for extra space since it moves the entire layer itself rather than the camera. It's basically the same effect as moving the camera "beyond" the frame's edge

This is a little bit exaggerated but the black square with the pink outline is an 100x100 active object on a 100x100 frame.

The bright green colour isn't a part of the frame itself but is the border colour of the frame (normally white)
    Thanks! I did all the layers at once with a loop:
    shake.jpg