User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: How to weave a cobweb of a spider via a wipe option of an active object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperiOS Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to weave a cobweb of a spider via a wipe option of an active object.

In stage 9 of the game I am creating,

https://community.clickteam.com/threads/106339-Capcom-Play-System-1-simulation-progect-(Stratos-or-another-name-as-an-example-game)

I would like to put spiders that one by one weave a thread of the web, (like the famous game "Scorpion" by Zaccaria), which is destroyed when it collides with the fire or with the sprite of the player .
    SPIDER_MAKES_THE_SPIDER_CAVANS.jpg
    I can no longer do this with the wipe option in the properties of the active object.
    HOW_TO_WIPE.jpg
    I can do it by always creating a continuous pixel from the spider, but in this way the screen fills up too much with sprite and is not convenient.
    snapshot_example.jpg

Download the example to fix here.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There is a tutorial on drawing a line between two objects (I downloaded it in 2017 but I have no idea where I got it from or who wrote it and there's no info inside the tutorial, probably in the tutorial section here or on Nivram's site.)

I've used it to create an example of how you could draw a single line and stretch it across the frame - the maths etc. is all from the tutorial, it's not mine.

You can see if you can implement this in your game.

It's important the line does not have fine collision detection enabled - because it fails more often than not if that is switched on.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for letting me know about the example. I'll try to put it in the stage 9 of my game.
    However the threads of the spider cosweb must be destroyed with the collision beetwen the fires and sprites of players (who raise only energy, not life), otherwise it would become unplayable.
    Then the classic tricks that players learn with time; practically it is necessary to remain completely to the left of the screen, knowing that in the middle of the screen there is a spider that weaves the canvas vertically (This when the project is finished)!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This example is nice, but this time I failed because I don't understand the movement of the spider that depends on the blocks. The line also depends on the blocks. The spider movement in the example is a "bouncing ball". In my example I used multiple "path movement", and the choice of each individual movement depends on a simple counter. Once, in my conversion of Astro Fighter, I had succeeded with a simple "Wipe with color: white". But I don't remember how!

astrof_snapshot.jpg

Download the example here.

Notice by playing by double clicking on frame 5, at the beginning the ship is destroyed, but then you can continue until you hit the final boss.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I couldn't get your example to work because I don't have a joystick...

But it doesn't look like "wipe with color" works any more - it might have been a legacy feature that was left in. But in any event, if you do get that to work, you wouldn't be able to destroy the line on collision because there will be no object to destroy.

Basically what that example is doing is creating a line from the point where the spider enters the frame and follows the spider until it leaves the frame at which stage it creates the line in a permanent position between the start point and the end point. If you had to apply this to a path movement you'd have to create a line from where the spider reaches a node stretching to the next node, then create a new line from that node going to the next node etc.

Option 2 would be to create your web with graphics but make it invisible and as your spider reaches the node to just fade in the line - i.e. when he reaches a specific node just set a value and based on that value a specific line will become visible.

Option 3 would be to wait to see if one of the smart people here can give you better advice .

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I can no longer do this with the wipe option in the properties of the active object.
    It's an old option from the time where was only the Standard display mode. It doesn't work in DirectX mode.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 : You're right, I didn't consider that in that way the collisions with the web don't happen, so I have to continue to study the example you shared (it's perfect because the webs are completely destroyed as I would like).
    The last example I shared you can try even without a joystick, because it also works with the arrows on the PC keyboard.
    Meanwhile, to shorten the time, I copied and pasted the events in the whole project, with the spiders that appear without making cobwebs (see the link I posted in the introduction, and if you have time, check (the cheats to test the game are "L "deactivate loss of life and" j "to advance in level).
    It is better that I'll post the next example and the requested in the first link of the project to avoid confusion in the forum.
    Many thanks again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves : It's true, you enlightened me! My conversion of Astro Fighter is without DirectX and 256 colors to make it retro-realistic! So the line drawing works! Thanks . GREAT!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Resolved! (No really smart way).
    Spider> 1 creates object at X0Y0 of spider.
    I have increased the size of the line to 3 pixels, so it is not too big and not too small otherwise they are positioned with spaces.
    I set the number of objects to a maximum of 2000 which can contain the frame.

The link is the same first one.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your solution was probably the easiest.

I changed it for you so that if the player shoots the cobweb - only the cobweb that is shot is removed and not all of them.

If you want to implement this in your game I've put dark blue comments on every line that I changed. (Don't use this .mfa - I removed your sounds and changed your joystick commands.)
    Attached files Attached files

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast