User Tag List

Thread: Window Control is not resizing window consistently

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Window Control is not resizing window consistently

I'm trying to allow for you to change the screen size with page up/down, but I'm having many issues with the window control object. It's a little hard to explain but I'll try to explain it as well as I can
    -Window control counts the header as part of the window height. Since it isn't consistent through operating systems, I had to remove the header, which is not ideal
    -Even after running the command to manually resize the screen, it will not resize, requiring me to run the command a second time before it goes to the correct resolution.

And a friend of mine is saying that running the game on his dual monitor setup will lower the resolution of one of his monitors despite nothing in the code doing so (There is a way to toggle fullscreen, but that's disabled by default).
    How would I fix these issues? My most important issue is being able to show and hide the header, so it's hidden to resize the screen, then brought back afterwards.
    I can't share the actual game yet, but I can recreate the issues if you need any additional information.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You don't need to show and hide the header, the Window Control has all the features needed. You can retrieve the size of the full window as well as the size of the "client area". I could calculate the size of the header on my Windows 7 with a simple substraction (-> 38px). Or am I missing something ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I really think there's no way to properly resize with this. Your idea sort of works but the resizer doesn't resize correctly
    I used math to get the height of the screen and the height of the title bar, then used that number to get a screensize, but it doesn't work. There will ALWAYS be annoying black bars above and below the screen, and the game will always be blurry. This also makes fullscreen impossible because the engine forgets to horizontally resize the screen, making it the height of your screen but its original width

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    maybe I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve.. perhaps you have some settings slightly off? Try the attached example, how does this display on your end?
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, cool! My biggest problem was getting the height of the window right with the header, because otherwise things get really blurry. This displays fine!
    I see it's adding the height of the screen then subtracting by the client height, is that what is used to get the height of the header?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked it, this works perfectly! Thanks!