User Tag List

Thread: Fusion 2.5+ Strings Cannot Change Font

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fusion 2.5+ Strings Cannot Change Font

Hey, I'm doing a tutorial on fonts, and realised that the newest build of Clickteam 2.5+ (Developer) will not allow me to change any string fonts. It works on all other objects, like edit boxes, just not strings. Also, if I have two strings and change them both to 'segoe UI', the second one will change to the first one's font. Neither are segoe UI (but an edit box will!).
    Unless someone knows a work-around, looks like I am stuck with default fonts for strings!!!
    Images attachées Images attachées

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisual View Post
    Hey, I'm doing a tutorial on fonts, and realised that the newest build of Clickteam 2.5+ (Developer) will not allow me to change any string fonts. It works on all other objects, like edit boxes, just not strings. Also, if I have two strings and change them both to 'segoe UI', the second one will change to the first one's font. Neither are segoe UI (but an edit box will!).
    Unless someone knows a work-around, looks like I am stuck with default fonts for strings!!!
    Yup, there appears to be a bug in that you can't change the font at runtime. You can still set the string up to have whatever font you need in the string properties though, which covers 90% of most needs.
    Font.jpg

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Probably a dx11 thing. Have you tried in dx9 mode? And have you tried a .ttf font? .Otf fonts don't work in dx11 mode unfortunately

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volnaiskra View Post
    Probably a dx11 thing. Have you tried in dx9 mode? And have you tried a .ttf font? .Otf fonts don't work in dx11 mode unfortunately
    DX11 doesn't work, DX9 does. Good call Volnaiskra.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

with DX11 try to do this:

Behind the screen or on some other frame create a string object and set it to the desired font. If you do this the font should show up in Data Elements->Fonts. From now on you should be able to switch to this font during the runtime in your whole game. Also, yeah, only True Type fonts are working.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    In DX11 mode all fonts must exist in object settings, you cannot (yet) set a font that is not already used in an existing object. Check in the Data Elements editor to see if the font is in the list of the fonts used by your application. If not, use this font a String object somewhere.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleMac Export Module

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks so much for your responses :-) I am filming a tutorial about importing fonts via ttf, so will just move away from DX11 for now.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisual View Post
    Thanks so much for your responses :-) I am filming a tutorial about importing fonts via ttf, so will just move away from DX11 for now.
    Did you made a tutorial? Can you provide a link here when you're done? Thanks in advance!