User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mac vs Windows - Mac not reading flags properly?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac vs Windows - Mac not reading flags properly?

Using Fusion 2.5+ 292.14, Steam running on Windows (exported to Mac application zip)

If I check "on" a flag of an object in the object's properties window (rather than turn it on in the events), the Mac version of my game doesn't seem to think the flag is on. The windows version does, however.

Attached is a simple MFA demonstrating the issue.

MacFlagIssue.mfa

More details:

I have some copies of an object that belong to a qualifier. I set flag 0 "on" in the properties window of the object. The events check if flag 0 is "on" for objects of that qualifier, and if so, make the qualifier objects invisible. On Mac, they remain visible anyway, as though flag 0 was "off." But on Windows they are made invisible as expected.

If you remove the checking of the flag condition from the event, it will work - the objects will be made invisible. They will also be made invisible if you have an event to turn on flag 0 first, before checking if the flag is on. So it seems to have to do with the flag being set on outside of events.

(These events are global events by the way, but the same issue happens if they are in the regular frame events.)

For context, I've been working for a while now on a little adventure game engine that works great on Windows, and I did everything I could while working on it to keep it cross platform (really want it compatible on Mac). I had my brother test it recently on his Mac, and he sent me a video of what he saw - which was total insanity. Objects that should be hidden were visible, the player was moving only one axis at a time (and very slowly), and there was a weird black box on the side of all my dialogue windows. I don't even know where to start with some of those issues, but the objects not being made invisible was the least expected. Why should that be any different on a Mac?!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Side note, found another bug causing one of my Mac v Windows issues mentioned above - Advanced Direction Object, the Get X Movement (dir, speed) function returns a float value on Windows. But on Mac, it returns an integer (in my case usually 0, and only 1 or -1 if perfectly moving horizontally). Why?!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I'll check these issues asap.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves!

By the way, about the issue I briefly mentioned above with the "black box" appearing on the side of my dialogue windows - I was stretching a 1px active object to fill the center of my dialogue boxes. I vaguely remember reading that scaling up a 1px object can cause issues on some exporters. When I made the object 8px and did the stretching, there was no thick black edge on the right side of my dialogue boxes. (This issue was NOT present when running the Windows version of my app)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Yes stretching 1px objects can be a problem as the renderer can anti-alias with pixels around it.

The other issues (flags and Advanced Direction) will be will be fixed in the next update (later today I think).

About the flags, actually this happens only if the object has no defined alterable values, so if you can't wait for the patch, just insert a value in the properties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks!!! Flags and advanced direction are working now in the beta 292.16.

Two more Mac vs Windows questions...

1. I'm using low-res (320x240), and prefer the "pixel perfect" look. Since Ultimate Fullscreen extension isn't supported on Mac, I rigged up a workaround that uses a sub-app (using another "frame from this application") and I'm resizing it to the closest pixel-perfect size, and positioning it in the center of a black frame. I finally got it working... but when the sub-app resizes on a Mac it's blurry (on Windows, resizing the sub-app is still crisp). Not sure if it's possible to change this? Or is there a better workaround anyway?

2. Also, and maybe more importantly, is there any workaround to hiding the mouse pointer on Mac? I haven't gotten to the Xcode stage yet... but has anyone had success doing this in Xcode? Maybe even replacing the Mac cursor with a fully transparent cursor image?

Thanks again!

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1. I'll check it.

2. In theory the Hide/Show Mouse Pointer actions should be enabled in the build 292.17. They're being verified.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    1. This will be fixed in the build 292.18, the "Anti-aliasing when resizing" option is now taken into account for resized sub-apps.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Perfect! Thank you so much!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for taking care of these bugs so quickly, Yves and Clickteam. Your reward? More bugs!

1. When the Mac cursor is hidden, the mouse cursor speed in my game app seems to be much slower than in the Mac system OS. It's slower in both fullscreen and windowed mode. In windowed mode, I noticed this starts about half a second into moving the mouse into the game window, so for a brief moment it moves at regular speed, then slows down. (No issue on Windows app, and no issue on Mac when mouse cursor is visible)

2. The sub app (which is now resizing nicely with crisp pixels!) is not accepting any input from the keyboard. My game is mouse-driven so I hadn't noticed this until I had some debug keys that aren't working in the sub app on Mac, but work on Windows. Tested on older builds from earlier versions of Fusion and the problem was there too, so doesn't seem to be a new bug in latest version. Seems almost too extreme to be just a bug though, so maybe I'm just doing something wrong? Again, the keyboard works on sub apps in Windows, but not Mac.

MacSlowMouseWhenHidden.mfa
    MacNoKeyboardSubApp.mfa

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast