User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: AndroidTV controller + AndroidPlus sensor crash

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Ok, in a console rotation is not used, and neither battery optimizations.

sorry I thought you want to use several position and what you want is to use both landscape (left-right), note: rotation make the framework to drop input service for controllers and reattach later.

Battery optimizations is used for background system even though they work also in foreground if you don't want to loose focus using start sleeping prevention is a better choice.

if you are planning to use battery optimizations don't forget to set

Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, no i don't need the sleep prevention, i was the person who asked for the "ignore battery optimization" option because my previous game was loosing its framework on Android 8.1 since the addition of the batterie optimization by google.
    I don't know if it's still needed now, i think they fixed the issue that made a lot of game to lose their fps since.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    i think they did, but not sure, keep using api 29 to build and target 9, min please set to 16 not 4.1
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleXNA Export Module
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fernando View Post
    i think they did, but not sure, keep using api 29 to build and target 9, min please set to 16 not 4.1
    It says on Google build-numbers that 4.1 is API 16. I'll swith to API 29 instead of 28.

I've released an update with the gamepad support and got some issue, first, big lags when the gamepad is used and second, some people where unable to play with the touch screen because the game was thinking they were using a gamepad (i've used the event "Android object : Is a controller with gamepad connected?" and it seems to don't work properly on every devices).

I've found how to solve the lag issue: If i add "AndroidPlus : Request to ignore battery optimizations" it will not lags even if i don't set the permission. If i don't add this, the game will lag as soon as i use the gamepad, and stops to lag when i release the controls.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    In which devices you have this issue (add android version of them)
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't have this issue myself, i've got reports so i don't know, i've removed the gamepad support from the main release and added another version to beta release where i don't use " Is a controller with gamepad connected".

I've asked to those players what device they're using and i haven't got any answer since.

For the lag issue, i tested on a Nokia 3.1 with Android 9. The ignore battery optimization fixes it.

PS: i've saw on Google Play that using AndroidTV controller adds TV support in the supported devices list. When i bought the Android gamepad controller it was not precised it will do that. I don't want to add TV support as i don't wnat to remake the whole menu to make it compatible with a gamepad, i just want to add the possibility to add gamepad support to a standard Android game like other games do. Is it possible to deactivate the TV support?

This is what i've read when i bought the extension, i'm a bit disappointed:
    Android Game Controller Objects - Want to add Controller functionality to your Android app? Check out this set of objects that adds co..

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PS: i've saw on Google Play that using AndroidTV controller adds TV support in the supported devices list. When i bought the Android gamepad controller it was not precised it will do that. I don't want to add TV support as i don't wnat to remake the whole menu to make it compatible with a gamepad, i just want to add the possibility to add gamepad support to a standard Android game like other games do. Is it possible to deactivate the TV support?

This is what i've read when i bought the extension, i'm a bit disappointed:

Android Game Controller Objects - Want to add Controller functionality to your Android app? Check out this set of objects that adds co..

why you say this? can you elaborate?

you don't need to add anything to make it run in android devices or console (no different menu) the only thing added is a mark that allow your application be recognised in google dashboard that will also run in a console as other application as it can do since have support for controller.
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    why you say this? can you elaborate?

you don't need to add anything to make it run in android devices or console (no different menu) the only thing added is a mark that allow your application be recognised in google dashboard that will also run in a console as other application as it can do since have support for controller.
    Because i fear that it will be available to donwload for TV devices, and that when people will launch the game they'll be stuck on the menu because it only works with touches controls. And then i could get bad comments/ratings.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    179 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    OK, i see

you may just need to remove from the device list, no extra work so it won't be offered to console in dashboard
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, i see

you may just need to remove from the device list, no extra work so it won't be offered to console in dashboard
    Please, where is the device list in the Console dashboard? Sorry, i've never used this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast