User Tag List

Thread: OName$ created objects not scoping correctly(possible bug)

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OName$ created objects not scoping correctly(possible bug)

Usually when an object is created it is automatically scoped for updates to values and strings in the same event line.
    Create object by name ( OName$ ) is not scoping the created object (latest build 2.5+)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You need to use a qualifier, like this (the green block icon is a custom qualifier that I use, and which I ensure is used by any OName$ objects that I create in the first action):

I don't fully understand why it has to be with a qualifier, but I can confirm that this method works.

A word of warning: you need to be extra sure that you:
    (a) never try to create an object that doesn't exist in the Create By Name action, and
    (b) never create an object that doesn't contain that qualifier.

If you neglect either of the above, then naturally the qualifier actions will be unscoped and will apply to all objects and break everything. I guess this is pretty obvious, but it's certainly caught me out more than once.