Thread: Build 292.22 - Release candidate

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    Yes, run from Fusion.

On about 50 seconds it will go haywire - then recover within a second or two - then after 1 minute 50 seconds same thing ...

I don't recall seeing this in the past - but I just noticed it now because I was specifically watching for something and it caught my eye.

(Same behaviour - different frames - one of them really has nothing going on - nothing at all in the frame that could cause that.)
    Is the debugger open? If so, what happens if you unselect the "Show debugger" option in the app properties?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No - it's caused by Windows. I have a setting that it can change the colour of my headers etc. the drop in frame rate seems to coincide with that - actually any interaction with Windows drops it significantly - I just didn't notice that kind of drop in frame rate before.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Are you changing the color of headers once or repeatedly? That seems like the kind of thing that could slow an application down if it's done every frame but wouldn't have any impact if it was only called one time.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The colour change is built into windows themes / background images - Windows 10 does it depending on how often you've set your background image to change. I normally set it to once every 10 minutes - but every now and again I change the pictures and forget - then it tends to default back to once every minute (I think it's set per theme.) It's a Windows 10 feature and setting.

It also means that fps now give me odd results and I wouldn't be able to use it - because it goes up and down depending on what's happening with Windows and background tasks - rather than with what's happening with Fusion.

It also impacts on exporting the game - because to play in Window mode I always leave the heading on, so you can easily minimise / close the game. But if this colour change has such a significant impact on Fusion - then it could impact the game in the same way.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exclamation Quick background still slow down FPS

Why do Quick backgrounds with the Tile type still slow down FPS? (even with Direct3D 11 too)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GKProduction View Post
    Why do Quick backgrounds with the Tile type still slow down FPS? (even with Direct3D 11 too)
    Maybe because there is more to display? What's the size of the image? Do you have an example?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, here's a simple example: Quick backgrounds.mfa

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    190 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GKProduction View Post
    Ok, here's a simple example: Quick backgrounds.mfa
    Interesting. A large part of the images is not used. If you reduce the image size to the object size (height for horizontal quick backdrops), the frame rate is much higher. I'll try to see what happens. Is there any reason why the image is big and just a little part is used in your objects?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Interesting. A large part of the images is not used. If you reduce the image size to the object size (height for horizontal quick backdrops), the frame rate is much higher. I'll try to see what happens. Is there any reason why the image is big and just a little part is used in your objects?
    Thanks for the answer. The reason is that I can sometimes make “walls” from this object. And unfortunately also the "Quick background" with the type "Tile" always works slowly for me, even if I uses a small image

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, I just found out about this:
    CollisionMask(>Enter X coordinate<, >Enter Y coordinate<)
    I see it detects obstacles as 1, ladders as 2... But no platform...

In the past I asked for a way to detect Platforms since Collision Mask condition only detects obstacle and ladders... For making custom movement engines without relying on actives...
    Now that I found out about the expression, and how it can give a different value for obstacles and ladders, could you please guys make it also detects platforms?
    Just the top of it, like 3 or 4 pixels, just like the physics movements detects it...

Page 15 of 38 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast