User Tag List

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Build 292.22 - Release candidate

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Something I forgot to mention in the change log, this version has a hidden feature that allows you to replace the name of a MFX file by another one in a MFA, for the case a developer has made a new version of an extension but used a different filename, for any reason (this happens sometimes when you need to load an old MFA). We developed this feature for internal use, but if you need it for some reason, you can do this:

1. create a text file in the folder of your yourapp.mfa file and name it "yourapp.mfacfg"
    2. edit it and add this:

[oldExtensionName.mfx]
    newmfx=newExtensionName.mfx
    newtitle=New Extension

oldExtensionName.mfx is the name of the MFX file you want to be replaced by newExtensionName.mfx.
    newTitle is the new title of the extension (could be just internal, or used just in the About box of the object, I don't remember)

When you load yourapp.mfa, Fusion will load newExtensionName.mfx instead of oldExtensionName.mfx. And then the next time you save your MFA, it will refer to newExtensionName.mfx and you can remove the .mfacfg file.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    Even in your video the background is showing white when it should be showing dark.

It's not just black - it does that with every image. This game worked perfectly before and it was the same on Windows and Android.

You can see the screenshots of what it should look like here and the original video: https://www.evolutionary.co.za/hidathon.html

And you can see a video of what they look like now here: https://1drv.ms/v/s!AgVEPtcaHQ02mMl0...UfXvQ?e=k4k2Xh

I clicked on several levels - the colour of the background should be exactly the same colour as the side bar - but you can see they are all washed out and it's not just the dark colours. Towards the end I recorded the pause and what happens to the screen.
    From what I see the Active Picture object is not the problem here, apparently it's the Quick Backdrop object, it doesn't seem to render the correct color. Probably due to the changes Fernando made in this object (there is a line about it in the change log).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    This is a great early Christmas present - Thank you especially for adding the new String functionality, it's going to do a lot for my projects

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    From what I see the Active Picture object is not the problem here, apparently it's the Quick Backdrop object, it doesn't seem to render the correct color. Probably due to the changes Fernando made in this object (there is a line about it in the change log).

If you look at my video - I keep jumping to an awards page - which is purple with colourful butterflies on it. That purple background is a quick backdrop and is below my logo screen, my settings screen, my instructions screen and the awards screen and it displays the exact right colour.

The border of the active picture where the menu commands are on is actually part of the active picture and not the background - that part is not showing the right colour either - you can see that in the very first screenshot I posted.

My logo page is a transparent active object on top of the quick backdrop. Both the backdrop and the logo / game name / displays correctly.

All I see in the log file is that the borders of the quick backdrop are now displayed - my quick backdrops are larger than my screen so that the borders won't display - i.e. so you don't have an edge with no colour around the game. That change should have zero impact on my games. (For example if my frame is 1280x720 - the quick backdrop will be 1282 x 722)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Janette5 View Post
    If you look at my video - I keep jumping to an awards page - which is purple with colourful butterflies on it. That purple background is a quick backdrop and is below my logo screen, my settings screen, my instructions screen and the awards screen and it displays the exact right colour.

The border of the active picture where the menu commands are on is actually part of the active picture and not the background - that part is not showing the right colour either - you can see that in the very first screenshot I posted.

My logo page is a transparent active object on top of the quick backdrop. Both the backdrop and the logo / game name / displays correctly.

All I see in the log file is that the borders of the quick backdrop are now displayed - my quick backdrops are larger than my screen so that the borders won't display - i.e. so you don't have an edge with no colour around the game. That change should have zero impact on my games. (For example if my frame is 1280x720 - the quick backdrop will be 1282 x 722)
    Well, I just tried the MFA you posted, that's where I saw the problem with the quick backdrop object, as the problem is still the same if you remove the Active Picture object.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So this is happening: If you have a horizontal gradient or a solid colour - then the backdrop object doesn't display correctly - it's washed out - regardless of the colour.

However, if you have a vertical gradient - then the colours are exactly right. That is why the purple background in my game displays correctly - it's a vertical gradient (purple and black).

Tested it in my actual game:

With solid colour this displays:
    Attachment 27887

With vertical gradient - both colours the same I have a correct display:

Attachment 27888

(So yes, Yves, you are right - it does seem to be the backdrop and not the active picture.)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    Really nice update! @Yves has there been any further decision on a separate child event type that allows each child event to run, then the next child event checks against the parent event if true, rather than all child events running if parent is true? I would imagine it would be in the same manner as OR (filtered) and OR(logical), having two different methods depending on the circumstance. It would be very useful for cutting down on duplicate events since I often need to retest the same condition many times against other conditions in separate events. I think you mentioned discussing it with the others at one point.
    I've discussed with Anders to check if I missed something positive about what you want, we both have the same opinion about this, this is a really weird idea, we won't do it. Child events work and must work as they work in any programming language, there shouldn't be an option to transform them into a simple "display facility", this would be confusing and probably a burden for future versions of the product. Even if Fusion is not exactly a programming language, it's "visual programming" and should follow the same rules. Imagine someone who is new in Fusion, turns this option ON because he thinks like you it's better, and then later wants to use a normal programming language, I guess this would be pretty confusing for him.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow so many great updates! The "break" feature for child events sounds very useful! And finally, play sound using expression!! Early christmas indeed

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I've discussed with Anders to check if I missed something positive about what you want, we both have the same opinion about this, this is a really weird idea, we won't do it. Child events work and must work as they work in any programming language, there shouldn't be an option to transform them into a simple "display facility", this would be confusing and probably a burden for future versions of the product. Even if Fusion is not exactly a programming language, it's "visual programming" and should follow the same rules. Imagine someone who is new in Fusion, turns this option ON because he thinks like you it's better, and then later wants to use a normal programming language, I guess this would be pretty confusing for him.
    Thanks for considering it, and I understand the need for it to be consistent with other languages. If I was attempting this with a regular language (such as C or C#) would it be expected to rewrite the same if{} statement many times if the same condition needed to be checked, set and checked again? I'm not sure I'd consider it to be as much a "display facility" as a way of having tidier events without having to reuse the exact same conditions. Would functions be used for this in a regular language?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    198 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elvisish View Post
    If I was attempting this with a regular language (such as C or C#) would it be expected to rewrite the same if{} statement many times if the same condition needed to be checked, set and checked again?
    Yes, you need to duplicate the "if" every time you need the condition to be evaluated.

You could replace the content of the "if" by a call to a function, but you would need to call this function each time.

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast