User Tag List

Thread: Any way to zoom out?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any way to zoom out?

Is there any way to zoom out in game? I tried zoom.fx effect but its not working, only zoom in.

Clicker Fusion 2.5
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I believe either the len object or viewport can do it however they might not work with 2.5.

Clicker Multimedia Fusion 2Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you should use view port extention , but if i don't remember wrong you cant zoom out justo zoom in , so one solution is to set a little zoom on the start of frame so you can zoom out when is needed !

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried vieport extension, yes it can zoom out, but its dont work with android exporter. There is a problem because my game for android

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    then your only chance is likely working with all active objects and "scaling" them to achieve the zooming effect

don't know if this is applicable in your game setup?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The reason why I want Fusion 3... Hoping there's some kind of built-in camera system... which is compatible for all exporters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i tried to scaling all objects and new problem - only objects scales but coordinate grid dont.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In windows runtime the only option I really found working is to use a pixel shader, which can achieve a “pseudo” zoom out effect.
    Download the “complex shader pack” from the linked site, there are zoom shaders available under the “modifications” folder.

https://sites.google.com/site/mmf2stuff/shaders

You have to be aware that your game has to run at the resolution you want it to be displayed when “zoomed out”.

For example you want your standard resolution to look like 800x450 and you want to be able to zoom out by factor 2: Your game has to run in resolution 1600 x 900 and you have to zoom in by factor 2 to display only a window 800 x 450 of your rendered screen. When zooming out, you would gradually alter the zoom factor of your pixel shader until it reaches 0 and your game is displayed on its natural resolution.

To catch everything (grid, scrolling, etc) you have to apply your shader to all layers that must be zoomed. An alternative is to set she shader effect to the whole frame, which makes handling a bit more straightforward but has the disadvantage that your HUD is corrupted and has to be adjusted manually while zooming (best way: make the HUD actives, scale them and reposition them)

The big disadvantage in using this pseudo zoom out: You have to run your game at a fairly high resolution, which can easily lead to severe FR drops, especially if you run a lot of heavy events as well. Originally my project Outbuddies had zoom effects, but I had to skip them for saving performance. I personally will stay away from zooming out until Fusion 3:P

edit: I should read all comments before posting, viewport can do a "real" zoom out for windows? – will check this one!!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello guys!, do you know if some extension for zoom IN and OUT without scalling object at this moment?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What I do is, I double the resolution to make everything smaller and use Lens shader effect to zoom in. I do this because you can only zoom in using Lens shader effect, so the zoom out is giving by the increase of resolution. You can still use the windows controller to fix the desired screen resolution.

I used that technique on this game: https://homunculusgames.itch.io/last-cactus
    The main character was taking most of the screen so to find the sweet spot to see the surroundings, I increased the resolution and added Lens shader to zoom in to where I wanted.