Thread: Build 292.22 - Release candidate

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    Crash Bug:

If you name and rename objects in a very particular and improper way, you can get Fusion to crash quite easily by following the steps below.

1. Make a new file.
    2. Make sure there are 2 frames.
    3. Go to Frame 1 and create an active object.
    4. Rename this object. For example, name it "test".
    6. Go to the events of Frame 2.
    7. Create a new event. On start of frame, create the test object. You will have to select it from the list of objects of Frame 1 in the Create Object window.
    8. Select and copy the event.
    9. Delete the event.
    10. Go back to the frame editor of Frame 2, and then go back into the event editor of Frame 2.
    11. Paste the event. The test object should now appear in the event editor as a shortcut.
    12. Go to the frame editor of Frame 2.
    13. Create a new active object. Name it the same as the object in the events. For example in this case, name it "test".
    14. This new object will automatically be renamed to "test 2" because there is already an object called "test" being referenced in the events of this frame.
    16. Click somewhere within the frame editor, and then click on the object again to bring its properties back up.
    17. In the Name field, remove the " 2" so that the object is just called "test" again and hit enter. Now it should actually be called "test" rather than "test 2".
    18. Delete the object.
    19. Go into the event editor. If it does not crash immediately, you should see that the shortcut for the test object has now become a question mark icon. If you scroll the mouse over the icon for the object, Fusion will crash.

Attachment 28481

Although I came across this bug while using build R292.10, I also tested it out on the latest build R292.22 and it occurs in both versions. I have 2.5+ installed as well. This crash will occur both with normal objects and global objects.
    I can't reproduce this. Each time I reach step #13, the object is renamed to "test", not "test 2". Build 292.22.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Could you attach an example that shows what you say, please.
    Of course, here's the mfa Font compression.mfa

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCFirefly 3D Module
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I can't reproduce this. Each time I reach step #13, the object is renamed to "test", not "test 2". Build 292.22.
    Hmm, yes. That is strange. Even though I repeated those steps myself dozens of times with the same crash result, it no longer works for me at step 13 either. I suspect it may be related to the fact that I upgraded from R292.10 to R292.22 to test it on the latest build, but then afterwords I downgraded back to R292.10. Ever since I upgraded and then downgraded, I get the same behavior that you are getting.

Despite this, I've found a new way to still make it crash. It's slightly simpler than before. Basically do the same 13 steps like I described before, and then just delete the object and go into the event editor.

1. Make a new file.
    7. Create a new event. On start of frame, create the test object. You will have to select it from the list of objects of Frame 1 in the Create Object window.
    9. Delete the event.
    10. Go back to the frame editor of Frame 2, and then go back into the event editor of Frame 2.
    11. Paste the event. The test object should now appear in the event editor as a shortcut.
    13. Create a new active object. Name it the same as the object in the events. For example in this case, name it "test".
    14. Delete the object.
    15. Go into the event editor. If it does not crash immediately, you should see that the shortcut for the test object has now become a question mark icon. If you scroll the mouse over the icon for the object, Fusion will crash.

Using this new method works for me both on R292.10 and R292.22. This time I also made sure to test it one more time after downgrading back to R292.10 again, and it still crashes with these new steps.

Does this new method cause it to crash for you?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just tried this method and it crashes for me. I used the Event List Editor and not the Event Editor. Hovering over the red question mark (in the ELE) didn't crash for me, but when I double-clicked the action, then it crashed.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hurray! It's good to know I'm not just going crazy.

I can confirm that doing it in the Event List Editor also does not crash for me when hovering over the icon. It either crashes upon attempting to edit the action and canceling out, or upon trying to select a new action by clicking on the object in the New Action window.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tek View Post
    Hmm, yes. That is strange. Even though I repeated those steps myself dozens of times with the same crash result, it no longer works for me at step 13 either. I suspect it may be related to the fact that I upgraded from R292.10 to R292.22 to test it on the latest build, but then afterwords I downgraded back to R292.10. Ever since I upgraded and then downgraded, I get the same behavior that you are getting.

Despite this, I've found a new way to still make it crash. It's slightly simpler than before. Basically do the same 13 steps like I described before, and then just delete the object and go into the event editor.

1. Make a new file.
    9. Delete the event.
    14. Delete the object.
    15. Go into the event editor. If it does not crash immediately, you should see that the shortcut for the test object has now become a question mark icon. If you scroll the mouse over the icon for the object, Fusion will crash.

Using this new method works for me both on R292.10 and R292.22. This time I also made sure to test it one more time after downgrading back to R292.10 again, and it still crashes with these new steps.

Does this new method cause it to crash for you?
    Thanks! This one will be fixed in the next update.

Clicker

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're welcome! Glad this bug could finally be cornered. I was afraid it might change it's behavior yet again.

Also, thank you for all of these updates you've been putting out recently. A few of the additions in the recent updates are almost as interesting and useful as the additions that came with 2.5+ and its associated update. Alt values and strings for counters and strings, event order options, and increased max objects in the frame properties, to list a few of the best ones.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Also Me
    Hello @Yveswhat about this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Me

Hi!
    Don't know if it's only on my side, or if it's a bug, but when the gamepad is deconnected, when I replug it, it didn't works.
    I have to restart the frame for that.
    Did you know how to fixe this, cause it's a real problem for players :|

Still try to ask my question again... players asked me when i'll be able to fix this on my indie game, and I can't anwser them... so please, at least just a "yes it's a bug" or "no you can fix it" will help me.
    Thanks.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Restore animation frame seem to be somewhat broken or not working correctly...
    I guy on discord had a problem with it, the logic wasn't making any sense, now I tried an old example that uses it to recover animation frame when using embed collision on other animations, and it seen that it's not working like it suppose to...
    I'm pretty sure this would work on older versions...

http://www.diybandits.com.au/MMF/tut...embedded2.html

Edit: Looks like "Do not reset current frame duration when the animation..." under "Compatibility" in the Runtime Options fixes it in this example
    But not for this one:
    animation desync.mfa

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Will Windows runtime ever be updated to suport hybrid 32-64 bit or at least having the choice...?
    There are somethings, specially when making an software, that only works with 64-bit, so would be interesting to have this option...

There's no hidden command line to build it 64-bit, right?

Page 46 of 53 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 ... LastLast