I can't reproduce this. Each time I reach step #13, the object is renamed to "test", not "test 2". Build 292.22.Crash Bug:
If you name and rename objects in a very particular and improper way, you can get Fusion to crash quite easily by following the steps below.
1. Make a new file.
2. Make sure there are 2 frames.
3. Go to Frame 1 and create an active object.
4. Rename this object. For example, name it "test".
6. Go to the events of Frame 2.
7. Create a new event. On start of frame, create the test object. You will have to select it from the list of objects of Frame 1 in the Create Object window.
8. Select and copy the event.
9. Delete the event.
10. Go back to the frame editor of Frame 2, and then go back into the event editor of Frame 2.
11. Paste the event. The test object should now appear in the event editor as a shortcut.
12. Go to the frame editor of Frame 2.
13. Create a new active object. Name it the same as the object in the events. For example in this case, name it "test".
14. This new object will automatically be renamed to "test 2" because there is already an object called "test" being referenced in the events of this frame.
16. Click somewhere within the frame editor, and then click on the object again to bring its properties back up.
17. In the Name field, remove the " 2" so that the object is just called "test" again and hit enter. Now it should actually be called "test" rather than "test 2".
18. Delete the object.
19. Go into the event editor. If it does not crash immediately, you should see that the shortcut for the test object has now become a question mark icon. If you scroll the mouse over the icon for the object, Fusion will crash.
Although I came across this bug while using build R292.10, I also tested it out on the latest build R292.22 and it occurs in both versions. I have 2.5+ installed as well. This crash will occur both with normal objects and global objects.