User Tag List

Thread: Warning message before deleting last object

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Warning message before deleting last object

It has always been the case that if I delete the last object in a frame, a warning would pop up telling me it's the last one and that all events associated with it will be removed also.

Which is great, btw.

However for some reason this has stopped happening. Now it just deletes the object and all events without a warning message.

Is there a setting I've toggled somewhere??

Clicker Install Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    IIRC if the object you deleted has a "create" event, then fusion won't show the warning message.
    And you can check here in regedit :

Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Clickteam\Fusion Developer 2.5\FrameEditor
    ...and set key WarningDelObjEvt to 1.

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you Defisym

You're right, if it has a create event it will delete the object but it keeps all of the events associated with the object in the event editor.

For me, it was deleting the object (in this case the player!) and it was deleting all associated events. The worst thing was "undoing" the delete would return the object, but the events didn't come back!

Luckily I save often and have plenty of backups, so I didn't lose anything.

The regedit amendment has fixed it, thanks.

Edit:
    I say fixed it, I've just realised that when the pop up opens, there's a checkbox that says "don't show this message again", so I must have clicked that accidentialy!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From Fusion: Under Tools - Preferences - there's a setting - 3 lines from the bottom - ask for confirmation before deleting an object. You can just change it there.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's a reason that warning exists:
    If you delete the last associated objects, it will not remove all events that has it, but it will actually remove all condtions and actions involving it
    It only deletes the whole event if all the conditions are related to the object removed.

You can end up with lots of nonsense events that will affect other objects, it could take sometime until you realize these events are break the rest of your game/app.

Also, the warning will not show if you're creating the object through events, this puts the object in a unplaced object state, which was used in the past before "Create at start" was introduced, but it's known by also causing corruption and bad objects.