User Tag List

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast
Results 511 to 520 of 641

Thread: Build 292.22 - Release version

  1. #511
    Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    NaitorStudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    403
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Lightbulb Suggestion

    I have one suggestion that would greatly improve rotation of pixel art...
    I don't know if Clickteam heard about this, but there's an algoritm that called RotSprite, it's dramatically better, this could be an middle option (or completely replace the 0) for the quality setting when changing the angle of an object.
    I believe the algoritm works by upscaling the sprite with Scale3X algoritm (or simply scalling 8x), rotating it and then downscaling to the original size or something like that...
    To avoid introducing a new color, the averaged color is then snapped to the closest color in the palette.

    (open the image and zoom to better see the effect)

    Tv_rotsprite.png

    Rotsprite1.png

    Rotsprite2.png

  2. #512
    Clicker

    Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    ASD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,820
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    [Mistranslation in Japanese]
    Expression => Object => Movement => Physics => Velocity Angle

    角速度 => 線速度

    cf25b292_22_mistranslate_velocity_angle.png

  3. #513
    Clickteam Clickteam

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,713
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ASD View Post
    [Mistranslation in Japanese]
    Expression => Object => Movement => Physics => Velocity Angle

    角速度 => 線速度

    cf25b292_22_mistranslate_velocity_angle.png
    Are you 100% sure? in google translate 角速度 gives the correct translation, the translation for 線速度 is weird

  4. #514
    Clickteam Clickteam

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,713
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    I have one suggestion that would greatly improve rotation of pixel art...
    I don't know if Clickteam heard about this, but there's an algoritm that called RotSprite, it's dramatically better, this could be an middle option (or completely replace the 0) for the quality setting when changing the angle of an object.
    I believe the algoritm works by upscaling the sprite with Scale3X algoritm (or simply scalling 8x), rotating it and then downscaling to the original size or something like that...
    To avoid introducing a new color, the averaged color is then snapped to the closest color in the palette.

    (open the image and zoom to better see the effect)

    Tv_rotsprite.png

    Rotsprite1.png

    Rotsprite2.png
    Are you talking about rotation in the editor or at runtime? Rotations at runtime are done by DirectX (unless you are in standard graphic mode), so this would affect only rotations in the editor (picture editor for example).

  5. #515
    Clicker

    Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleUnicode Add-on
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    ASD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Japan
    Posts
    1,820
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Are you 100% sure? in google translate 角速度 gives the correct translation, the translation for 線速度 is weird
    Yes You are quite right. However, currently, "Angular Velocity" is also translated as "角速度", so the same word exists more than once.

    The "Set linear velocity..." action for change Velocity Angle is translated as "線速度" in Japanese. I think "線速度" is correct translation for PVelocityAngle.

    cf25b292_22_mistranslate_velocity_angle2.jpg

  6. #516
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Doverseer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    46
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I found some issues doing some testing:


    Active Picture with Physics Movement does not behave the same as Active object for example: no rotation and off centered physics. Need to be able to set the Hot Spot, Action Point in the Active Picture object properties, Because setting Hotspot to center at Start of Frame will shift the object(s) position.


    Regular Picture Object also does not behave probably as an Physics Obstacle.


    I was doing some testing on creating levels with the frame editor by placing the Active Picture object or Picture object to use them as Tiles and just load the resource from data elements. Currently using global Active Objects as Tiles, I just thought it would be more efficient If I loaded the resource with Active Picture instead of creating multiple active objects for each tile graphic. It may not make much of difference in terms of memory saved, I may be overthinking this. I still wanted to report the problems I found.


    Thankyou.

  7. #517
    Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    NaitorStudios's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Posts
    403
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Are you talking about rotation in the editor or at runtime? Rotations at runtime are done by DirectX (unless you are in standard graphic mode), so this would affect only rotations in the editor (picture editor for example).
    I'm talking at runtime, could something like this be done to improve rotation of pixel art without getting jagged or blurry pixels?

  8. #518
    Clickteam Clickteam

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,713
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    I'm talking at runtime, could something like this be done to improve rotation of pixel art without getting jagged or blurry pixels?
    Hmm, as I said at runtime it's done by DirectX (= by the GPU), and IIRC the only option we can change is anti-aliasing.

  9. #519
    Clickteam Clickteam

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    France
    Posts
    13,713
    Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Julian82 View Post
    @Yves : Just wanted to report that Fusion‘s PC runtime does not handle punctuation in Cyrillic script correctly. Punctuation does not stay attached to the corresponding words and thus tends to jump isolated on line breaks. This is essentially harmful as the Russian language seemingly uses a lot of commas. Nicholas told me on Discord the issue already got fixed for the console runtimes, would be great if you could include that for PC too. Any Russian translation is a pain to handle without the fix.
    @Julian82 when you posted this I just blocked on the "fix in console runtime" part and didn't think the problem could be different. The text drawing routines in the console runtime are similar to the ones in the DirectX11 runtime, but your game uses DirectX 9, correct? If so, this is specific to DirectX 9, I should have thought of it sooner. I've just fixed this text wrapping issue for Russian in DirectX9 mode, here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/107439-Fusion-transfers-punctuation-marks-incorrectly?p=759303&viewfull=1#post759303

  10. #520
    Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Julian82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    outbuddies.com
    Posts
    990
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for notifying me, Yves! Yes, I’m on DX9!

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 2 42 50 51 52 53 54 62 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Build 292.12 - Beta version
    By Yves in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 5th September 2019, 07:46 PM
  2. Build 292.8 - Beta version
    By Yves in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 109
    Last Post: 21st June 2019, 06:10 AM
  3. Build 288.1 - beta version
    By Yves in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 7th March 2017, 07:21 AM
  4. Build 287.2 - beta version
    By Yves in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 55
    Last Post: 27th September 2016, 07:21 AM
  5. Build 285.1 - Beta version
    By Yves in forum Fusion 2.5
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 8th April 2016, 08:21 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •