User Tag List

Thread: Transparent parts of Active Picture image respond to mouse clicks

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Transparent parts of Active Picture image respond to mouse clicks

Hello,

I have an application with an Active Picture that has a .png image with both opaque and transparent parts. I want some actions to fire when the opaque parts of the Active Picture are clicked, but not when the transparent parts are clicked. I have setup everything in the event editor, the problem is that the "User clicks with left button on object" condition responds to mouse clicks in both opaque and transparent areas of the image, when I want the actions to fire only when the opaque parts of the image are clicked.

Is there a simple way to make the condition ignore the transparent parts of the image and only respond to mouse clicks on opaque parts of the image?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    are you 100 percent sure that the transparent part is really 100 % transparent ? opacity must be 0 not even 1

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Mac Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes. I used external editing software to create the image, where I have double checked that the image is completely transparent where it should be. I have found a workaround though, which is using a regular Active object instead of an Active Picture object, in which case, mouse clicks are not registered on transparent parts of the image, just as I want it to be. The downside of this is that the image file is then stored internally into the application, and when using an Active Picture object, the file is stored externally, which allows for easier editing of the graphics using external editing software. I solved this as well by cloning the Active Picture object, turning the clone into an Active object, and then making said Active object invisible. I then aligned the new Active object with the Active Picture object, and I have then set the condition to check if the new Active object is clicked, and if it is, the corresponding actions fire for the Active Picture object underneath. It is not ideal, but it works just as well visually. Just with there was an easier way though, it feels like there should be, even though I have searched everywhere and have not found anything. Anyway, thanks for the response.