User Tag List

Thread: Please help with Ini object tips

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please help with Ini object tips

I'm trying to finish porting my game which was fully functional for Flash export and windows export and which used the Ini object to save game data like sound settings and achievements.
    For the windows and flash exports I included the Ini file in the same folder as the exported game and set it to find the Ini file at start of frame via: Set current file to: Apppath$ + "GameData.stux"

Will this work for an HTML5 exported game hosted on a website, or do I need to use a different approach?

Thanks.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    It doesn't seem to work this way in HTML5, not sure why, I'll check what's wrong in my test or in the code when I've more time (unless Fernando or anyone else knows if there is something to do to make it work).

Another method that works: do the same, but instead of copying the INI file to the destination folder, just add it to the Binary Data tab in the Data Element editor. The file will be loaded from your application data, and will be saved locally when you write data (and will be loaded from the local copy the next time you run the app).

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export Module

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    It doesn't seem to work this way in HTML5, not sure why, I'll check what's wrong in my test or in the code when I've more time (unless Fernando or anyone else knows if there is something to do to make it work).

Another method that works: do the same, but instead of copying the INI file to the destination folder, just add it to the Binary Data tab in the Data Element editor. The file will be loaded from your application data, and will be saved locally when you write data (and will be loaded from the local copy the next time you run the app).
    Would this method you recommend also work just as well for android and IOS exports?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    152 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BrashMonkey View Post
    Would this method you recommend also work just as well for android and IOS exports?
    Yes, it should work everywhere.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, this seems to work. thanks.