User Tag List

Thread: Can someone please convert P3D shaders for DX11 ?

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unhappy Can someone please convert P3D shaders for DX11 ?

The creator of the engine gave up a while ago, he seem to have lose interest in the development...
    I know it have a bunch of shaders, but I think the engine would gain a nice speed up in DX11

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Unfortunately the current version of DX11 won't support them, I need to change something in the DX11 engine. I forgot about it, it was in the depths of the wish list.

Forum Moderator Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)Firefly 3D Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, I see... I hope it can be done soon, thanks for the reply!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this still planned, and if so, will it be considered for the next update?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please @Yves can this be considered in the next update? 2.5+ has been out 1.5 years and we just need the depth buffer enabling to allow P3D in dx11.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NaitorStudios View Post
    The creator of the engine gave up a while ago, he seem to have lose interest in the development...
    Just to elaborate on this, I actually lost *chance* to continue development.
    I've spent so much time with the engine I can safely say it will never fail to interest me

Hope Yves will find a spot to perform the magic trick it takes to bring the current version in DX11 (>> enabling the depth buffer, and then whoever can make the shader conversion happen).
    I think P3D2.1 is still a pretty solid engine and would be interesting to see how it could perform in DX11.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I support this as well. I think having it updated would do a lot of good. Its annoying that Firefly supports DX11 but P3D can't. It's a little annoying if you're like me and you're using both in the same game as it means you get worse performance.
    It'd be nice to have fixed.

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schrodinger View Post
    (>> enabling the depth buffer, and then whoever can make the shader conversion happen).
    I think P3D2.1 is still a pretty solid engine and would be interesting to see how it could perform in DX11.
    I'm hoping CT could port it over like they did with Chrilley's underwater shader, but if not, we could all take a crack at it But we NEED that depth buffer first!

I've been waiting since June 2019 to use it for a specific purpose in DX11, but here we are 15 months later and no sign of integration :'(