Thread: Walking against wall, wierd animation

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MaciOS Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Walking against wall, wierd animation

Hey! I use PMO and when my character block walks against a wall the character animation doesn't stop even tho the block is not moving anywhere, it makes the walking animation but like 50 times the speed instead. Can anyone tell me a way to make it just stop doing any animations at all or just doing the stop animation? Im sure i am not the only one who came across this Should one put x speed of player block is less than 1 = play animation stopped? I cant test now im at work but am i on to something?

Cheers

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is probably because you have the condition for the walking animation as "Object is moving" the problem with this is that before you walk into the wall you are "Moving" which causes the walk cycle to appear right before you collide with the wall and are stopped.
    To fix this, all you need to do is change the condition from "Object is moving" to "Abs(GetXVelocity( "Platform Movement object" )) > (Velocity*2)", you do this by going into Special -> Compare two general values. From there, you type "Abs(" then click on your platform movement object and go to "Get X Velocity" then close it with a ")". It's important to use Abs() otherwise it won't work both ways. You then choose "Greater than" and choose a value that's around two times your acceleration (This requires some trial and error, because the number needs to be high enough you won't get the weird animation, but low enough that it doesn't take too long for the animation to start.
    For example, my PMO has an acceleration of 75, so I chose 150 for the velocity you have to be at for the animation to start. This means it will take three frames of walking for the animation to start.
    If you do this, you also have to change the condition to go back to your walking animation to be "Abs(GetXVelocity( "Platform Movement object" )) ≤ (Velocity*2)" so it triggers when you're below a certain speed

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you! Im gonna try this out as soon as i can

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I fixed it by accident (lol) so now it looks good I simply added more animations for my stopped animation (breathing), now he is just standing still stuck on the stopped animations if i walk against a wall

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FenrisStudios View Post
    I fixed it by accident (lol) so now it looks good I simply added more animations for my stopped animation (breathing), now he is just standing still stuck on the stopped animations if i walk against a wall
    I had this problem as well. I simply made the player a static object and used a circle for the player. It controlled the position / direction / etc. This way the circle hits the surface and does not cause issues with any collisions to objects.