Also apparently I see the seams in the background unlike the other example, so if you could send me a MFA with just a single game frame that would allow me to check both issues.
1. Sound issue: it's due to MP3 files that are created from very small WAV files, like OptionIN. When Fusion builds an HTML5 app, it converts all sounds to MP3/OGG (if the "Build MP3 sounds" option is selected in the preferences, General tab, HTML5 exporter) or to M4A/OGG (if the option is unselected). Apparently the converter used by Fusion doesn't like very small MP3 sounds like OptionIN (there might be others, it's the one I noticed). 2 solutions:
a. you increase the size of those sounds.
b. you convert them yourself to MP3 with a 3rd party tool (like Audacity) and replace them in the Data Elements editor.
c. you unselect the "Build MP3 sounds" in the preferences, so that Fusion generates M4A sound files instead. (I think we added this option because M4A export was not available on all versions of Windows).
2. Seams in ASB object: I think I've fixed it in your case but it's not 100% fixed when the screen is stretched, I'll send you a version when it works in all cases, hopefully tomorrow.
Awesome Work Yves! Thanks for all this help.
I've got good news too: It turns out your hotfix did seem to resolve the issue for the high score objects and it's actually the xbox360 controller object that causes any frame to freeze when running as html5. Though it's is an unfortunate problem for 2 reasons: 1) A plugin should be ignored when not supported and should not freeze the game. 2) Good browsers support Xbox controllers for a long time now. Does the HTML5 export from Fusion have zero control pad support?
So, I think once the seams issue is fixed my game will be ready to launch, but there are still 3 really bad shortcomings for using Fusion for the game.
1) No monetization support at all on HTML5
2) No easy way to simply embed your game into a web page or Wordpress page via Iframe.
3) No control pad support? People using chrome or firefox at least should be able to play via a control pad if they have an xbox compatible control pad because html5 and Chrome and Firefox all support it.
Hopefully with your help and the help of the community we can resolve these remaining issues. When I had the original version of this game on Facebook (via Flash exporter) it was getting many thousands of unique players a month. This new version is much more advanced (once these HTML5 issues are fixed ) and I'd be happy to make a banner under the game that says the game was made with Fusion and then link to clickteam.com , but to do that we at least need to fix the embedding and monetization limitations with the exporter.
It is and I can't tell you why it freezes unless you give me the steps to reproduce the crash or show me the log in the console in the browser when it crashes.A plugin should be ignored when not supported and should not freeze the game.
I'll discuss about the other issues with Fernando. I'm not sure we can do everything you say before the new version of the runtime is ready, but I'll check.
Hi again Yves, I changed the preferences setting to not make MP3's as you suggested and re-uploaded a new build. Can you let me know if it (the game) no longer fails to load for you?
Yes, apparently it works fine.