User Tag List

Thread: Having a Direct3D 11 Transparency Issue

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Having a Direct3D 11 Transparency Issue

Hey all. I can't seem to figure out how to import images into Fusion with transparency when using D3D11. I've tried using Photoshop's own auto-alpha channels when exporting a PNG, and manually making my own alpha channel for the tiles. The images appear to import with transparency intact (as you can see in the editor), but when I run a simple test in-engine, the transparent portions become visible.

d3d11issue.png

Is there something or some technique I should be doing to keep the transparency of the files when using D3D11? Even in D3D9 the alphas aren't as smooth as they should be (and I need to use D3D11 anyway because of layer effects that break in D3D9).

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Could you attach a simple MFA that shows the problem please?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you have the Transparency and Save Background boxes checked in the object's properties?

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilvers View Post
    Do you have the Transparency and Save Background boxes checked in the object's properties?
    I love you. Somehow the active had the transparency unchecked. It's not something I have ever touched in my billion years using click products, so it must have been an accident. Also, why does that box not have the same effect in D3D 9? Thanks so much! What a silly little thing.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CuddlyGoose View Post
    I love you. Somehow the active had the transparency unchecked. It's not something I have ever touched in my billion years using click products, so it must have been an accident. Also, why does that box not have the same effect in D3D 9? Thanks so much! What a silly little thing.
    I love you too! The Transparency box is just one of those things. It's a great RAM saver if the object is going to stay off-screen or otherwise be invisible, but if you suddenly need the object to be visible again you totally forget it even exists.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    why does that box not have the same effect in D3D 9?
    IIRC the Transparency option had no effect in DX9 because of the routines we used. It's back in DX11 though this option has no huge interest in DirectX modes.

It's a great RAM saver
    This is perhaps the case in the legacy standard graphic mode, I don't remember very well. In DirectX modes this doesn't save any RAM though.

Clicker

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    IIRC the Transparency option had no effect in DX9 because of the routines we used. It's back in DX11 though this option has no huge interest in DirectX modes.

This is perhaps the case in the legacy standard graphic mode, I don't remember very well. In DirectX modes this doesn't save any RAM though.
    Both things are good to know (though it's never been a box I intentionally clicked)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmm that's always been one of those basic optimizations I'd make for objects I knew wouldn't need an alpha channel. Guess I can shrug that one off.