User Tag List

Thread: FNAF Fan game Jumpscare problem (REPOSTED WITH BETTER INFO & MFA)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FNAF Fan game Jumpscare problem (REPOSTED WITH BETTER INFO & MFA)

Note: This is reposted post of a problem I had and asked the forum about it and barely anybody didn't know what to do and since I wrote the original at 2 AM I rushed to describe what the problem was and didn't include an MFA. My fault on that one. The reason why I didn't edit the original post was because let's be honest no one would have saw it. Anyways, let's just get on with the problem.

While playtesting my game and testing out the enemy AI there was this bug I couldn't fix and spent I think 3/4 Days trying to fix it, yet nothing work and at times made it worse. Before we discuss what the problem was let me explain how I implemented it. If the Enemy is in a specific hallway there was a timer and when that timer ended The enemy would jumpscare the player then Gameover. Simple right? And this is where the problem is. (This is based out of my personal theory) The more you prevent the enemy as the night progresses the timer seems to go faster. During my playthroughs this would occur on 2 am - Sometimes on 3 am. I haven't gotten past 3 am. I've gone as far as to making count down counters but the counter would be stuck at 0 or stay at 1. I have included an MFA to see if anyone could figure out this problem.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wM...dSJ6i439Q8vCRV

(Note: I can't delete the original post to where originally I discussed my problem)

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Your .mfa requires 2 extensions that I don't have - Perspective & Discord Rich Presence - and although Perspective is on my extension list, the other one isn't.

That means I can't open your .mfa or help you with that - and that might be the case for a number of people here.

However, from what I can work out you want something to happen at a fixed interval.

I've attached an example - the first 3 seconds is just to get to the event (so it just counts a value every second) - from that point on it triggers something to happen every 4 seconds using a value instead of a timer - and will then repeat something every 4 seconds - in this case I just toggled an animation.

See if this helps you.

Often when you see a timer going faster it's because there are multiple timers running at the same time - in other words once the 4 seconds have started that command needs to be stopped, so that it can't trigger again until after the 4 seconds is true and the event has happened. You can do this by setting a flag or a value.
    Attached files Attached files

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forgot I had Discord Rich Presence installed on there here's the MFA without the Discord Rich Presence extension: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wM...dSJ6i439Q8vCRV

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On your .mfa I can do the following:

I can scroll left and right - and your active with the red dot moves accordingly.

I can press control and I can click on the black bars and that will trigger bug spray.

Eventually your code in the Group Night 1 will count up and Alterable Value B will become >= 17 (and by the way there's an option to use them both: (greater or equal) - you don't have to use OR)

Once that happens your background picture changes to the dude with the cup and a sound plays.

Now if the computer chooses position 2 - then you're placing the guy on top of Camera 4 and the code there will keep "Is in Hallway" Flag on all the time. Which means that the Night 1 group is now not going to trigger again because it requires that flag to be off. Nowhere could I find a way in your game where he would at that point move from that spot - so that dead ends your game. Of course since you have a bit of code to jump to another frame when the animation is finished - that won't matter because if that code works - then you'll jump to another frame at that point and if your character is NOT a global object, as is the case in your example, then everything will reset.

But it does mean that I don't know what you're asking us to check or help you with?

Clicker Fusion 2.5Android Export ModuleSWF Export Module
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey!
    Nice project!
    I'm not completely sure if I'm correct, but I seem to remember the timer working in the following way..
    The "every [something]" event uses a modulus operation on the total play time by the [something],
    meaning it divides the total elapsed time by [something](in your case 4 seconds) and returns the remainder.
    Basically that makes it so that depending on the elapsed time since the start of the game the timer can start anywhere
    between 0 and 3.999 seconds when the flag is set on.
    I'd recommend having a specific value always subtract when the flag is on and set to 240(assuming it runs in 60fps) when
    it's off. Then trigger your jumpscare when the value is = 0.
    Hope that helps!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow that actually worked, I can finally sleep easy at night, thank you