User Tag List

Thread: Trouble with workflow for loading things on mac build

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trouble with workflow for loading things on mac build

Hello,
    I noticed the Animation>Load Frame doesn't work on mac builds. Is there any technical reason why? Preload image doesn't work too.

I'm also having trouble to load things from disk, not sure what I'm doing wrong and I've searched the forums but found no working solution.

I have a file at data\music\maintitle.mp3

Game executable on the root folder.

So I'm loading sound file using Appdrive$ + Appdir$ + "data\music\maintitle.mp3" and a simple load of test.txt/ini however this doesn't seem to be working after I exported a mac application. It works fine on windows.

In this thread https://community.clickteam.com/threads/101398-How-to-save-with-Mac

I got the following info from Yves

"1. You just load the file with its normal pathname, Fusion will search for it first in the embedded files. This also works on Mac (for example for the Array or List objects).

2. Not all the objects (especially video objects, or 3rd party objects) don't support the feature above. In this case you can extract the file to the Windows temp directory with the corresponding action, and then pass the temp filename to the object. This action has no effect on Mac, copy those files to the resources folder of the package."
    So, the Appdrive$ + Appdir$ + file path is not loading anything. The first thing I did was to include the file in binary data from Data Elements. It didn't work. I assume this is method #1.
    Then I tried #2, and copied the file to the resources folder inside the zip and yet didn't work.

I'm sure this is pretty basic but I'm failing miserably to make it work.

Any help appreciated.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I noticed the Animation>Load Frame doesn't work on mac builds. Is there any technical reason why?
    Actually the Mac runtime is based on the iOS runtime and this feature is not supported on iOS. That's the "technical" reason, though other features that aren't available on iOS have been implemented on Mac. I'll check if there is another reason.

So I'm loading sound file using Appdrive$ + Appdir$ + "data\music\maintitle.mp3" and a simple load of test.txt/ini however this doesn't seem to be working after I exported a mac application. It works fine on windows.
    What happens is that on MacOS directory separators are '/' instead of '\'. Usually '\' are replaced by '/' on Mac, so both should work but apparently something is broken, sorry.

We'll fix it. In the meantime replace '\' by '/' in your expression, this will work (also on PC, not sure on the other platforms).

PS: btw you can use Apppath$ instead of Appdrive$ + Appdir$.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves, it is working now after I changed to "/".

about the Apppath$, there is no way to replace them, right?Like a "find and replace" feature on Notepad, but just for the Expression Editor. Just using the new Finder feature and manually edit. Well it's ok.. if both work I'll start using Apppath$, shorter and easier.

The Animation>Load Frame is a marvelous feature. It can be used to almost instantly translate rasterized/bitmap texts such as this one:

options_label.png

that has effects that Fusion don't do such as stroke and gradients. Not only this, it can change skins of characters on the runtime, levels and many, many more. This command is a game changer. If there is no technical limitation for this, I'd love to see this enabled on the Mac exporter.

Many thanks for your hard work and support Yves.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    No there is no Find and Replace in expressions, sorry...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok.. no big deal... The new search of 2.5+ will be of great help.

Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    I'll check if there is another reason.
    Is there any technical reason? Can I hope for this feature to be supported on Mac for the first quarter next year or something?

Thanks

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves I'm still waiting if there is another technical reason for Animation>Load Frame is not available on Mac exporter. I can't compile anything without this feature. I'm sorry to be insistent but I'm kinda desperate here

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    208 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Sorry I've been very busy with other things recently. It's the next thing on my list.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves, much appreciated. It will save countless hours of manually loading hundreds and hundreds of files.