User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Video Player compatible with the UWP exporter?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question Which Video Player compatible with the UWP exporter?

Hey guys, which video extension is compatible with the UWP exporter? It seems that it supports only the HTML5 video object; it's this correct?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Yes this is correct.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Yes this is correct.
    Thanks for your quick response, but how could I load an internal video in UWP? Is there any workaround by using the HTML5 video object?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Yves Is there any way to load an internal video file in UWP? If not, would it be possible, in the next update, to add a video player compatible with the UWP format?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's possible (both).

Can't you simply play an URL from your web site?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't think it's possible (both).

Can't you simply play an URL from your web site?
    No, they're CGI scenes I used in the game to recount some parts of the story. It's a big problem! At least could you do that with the console conversion service?

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Crian View Post
    No, they're CGI scenes I used in the game to recount some parts of the story. It's a big problem! At least could you do that with the console conversion service?
    Not sure what is possible or not on console, and/or if I fully understand what you want to do. You should make a small example and ask Chris if this is can work on console. There is a video player on console, I'm pretty sure it can only play external files but AFAIK the user can't access data files (if it's your problem) (and anyway even on Windows video files can't be played from the EXE, they are always extracted to a temp file before being played).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not sure what is possible or not on console, and/or if I fully understand what you want to do. You should make a small example and ask Chris if this is can work on console. There is a video player on console, I'm pretty sure it can only play external files but AFAIK the user can't access data files (if it's your problem) (and anyway even on Windows video files can't be played from the EXE, they are always extracted to a temp file before being played).
    Here the example
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/421oqm6gdc..._Test.zip?dl=0
    It's something basic; I'm sorry for the confusion. I'll just need to be able to do the same thing as the example but in UWP format. Thanks.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    OK, sorry for some reason I was thinking "HTML5" in my last answers. You can add the video file to the resources of the UWP VS project and play the video (in the HTML5 Video object) with "./resources/Untitled.wmv". However this is a simple video object (like the DirectShow object), AFAIK you can't display objects over it as you do with the Active DirectShow object.

The Active DirectShow object works on consoles, I've asked for confirmation you can display objects over it and/or if there are limitations on those platforms.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    257 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    About the console conversion service, I got partial answers (sorry lot of people on holidays this week). It works on Switch and PS4 though there are limitations and it's not ported on Xbox yet. If you need it for Xbox One let me know, we'll investigate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast