User Tag List

Thread: How many events can be in a frame?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many events can be in a frame?

Hey so i have a question, how many events can be in a frame? for example i was looking around and i see that some people have mentioned a 20,000 event limit. However on my game i have already passed 29,000 events and i am worried that i am coming to the event limit, if I could have a clear answer that would be great. Thanks.

Clicker

Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going out on a limb here. 30,000 lines of events per frame.
    Marv
    ​458 TGF to CTF 2.5+ Examples and games
    http://www.castles-of-britain.com/mmf2examples.htm

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLC
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just to add to that, the event limit is not a hard limit from what I understand. Earlier this year I asked Clickteam about this limit on Discord and got some extra clarification. Based on what they told me, the 30,000 event limit is only a limit on how many events can be displayed within the editor at once, and doesn't have anything to do with how many events can be running in the frame at runtime. Additionally, if you place your events into groups and close the groups when you aren't working on them, then the events in those groups won't count towards the limit while the group is closed. If you do this, then apparently you can go well beyond the limit.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thank you for the help.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nivram View Post
    Going out on a limb here. 30,000 lines of events per frame.
    Marv
    Hi, sorry for digging out this topic, but can I clarify: the event editor can show up to 30.000 events (which is great), but do you have any information about how event number affects performance? As an example, if you will have 30.000 events and each of them will check some condition each frame (1/100 of a second) - will the game crash? Does if affect lower performance devices like mobile phones?

Currently, I have about 3000 events in my game in a single frame. Some of them work when the user clicks an object, some of them are being checked all the time, some of them are just comments. Right now I don't have any lag, everything is working 60 fps. But I have a pretty powerful PC. Do I need to get ready for some performance issues? Thanks!

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you look at the debugger while running your game from Fusion - then it will show you how much memory it's using.

The comments are only there for your benefit - they're not part of the game.

If you put events in groups then you can activate / deactivate them as you need them and they don't all have to run all the time.

The performance on mobile depends on what the game is doing. You just have to test it on mobile and see if it works. If it's just waiting for a click, not a problem. If it's running a lot of timers and things are moving around - then it will slow down on older tablets / phones.