Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Sounds dropping off with build 292.22

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds dropping off with build 292.22

I've noticed with this new build MMF2.5DEV 292.22, that sounds of all types drop off. Once they do stop playing, nothing can restart them. Obviously, restarting the app fixes the problem Temporary until they drop off one by one again.

I know this is a problem with the Build as these problems did not exist on Previous builds using a lower MMF2.5DEV. However, taking a previous build with no issues and building it again with 292.22 causes the same problem. Sounds drop off randomly after X amount of Seconds / Minutes.

Seems to be a memory issue of some sort. I could be wrong.

Sounds that drop:
    Any Format, Including .ogg
    Looped sounds
    Instantaneous Sounds
    Sounds Triggered by an event more then once ( Not over lapping )
    Sounds Over lapping each other drop the fastest

After sounds drop:
    No amount of ( IF SOUND IS NOT PLAYING ) will restart the sounds
    ( ALWAYS ) Does nothing
    ( Button Clicked ) Does Nothing
    ( Clicked on Object ) Does nothing

ugh...

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks...
    @Fernando , @Yves

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I forgot to mention. This only happens on Android. Windows has no issues at all. Even running it under Run mode as an Android Build. No sounds drop! So I assume there is an issue somewhere in the Android Exporter.

I tested this on 3 different Android Devices and Android OS.

LG STYLO 3 = Sounds Drop
    LG VK700 = App Closes when sounds drop
    Asus Zenphone 3 = Sounds Drop

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    can you post a small mfa for me to test here thanks in advance
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Thanks Yves, i am testing but not sure if is working at my side
    @VBEinc only see few things in your code that you keep stopping the bass sound you may use in event 15 NOT BASS is not playing , please notice that the counter 3 is one counter added for me to check properly work of actions and expressions
    * Active is facing a direction ...........
    + NOT BASS is not playing
    Sound : Stop sample BASS
    Counter 3 : Subtract 1 from Counter
    in event 16
    * Active is facing a direction ...............
    + Only one action when event loops
    Sound : Play sample BASS 0 times
    Counter 3 : Add 1 to Counter

you want to use preload in data elements but set the secs to 0 in android properties to play from media player, these sounds seems small enough to be played from preload (soundpool) (keep teh 5 secs in android properties) if you wants to use media player is better you set play from disk in data elements/sounds (set this flag for each sound).

see these videos and let me know if is ok
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AxJ...ew?usp=sharing
    vibration sound is recorded as a secondary sound for this test used a nougat device zte982 (android 7)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/11xQ...ew?usp=sharing
    as above vibration sound is a secondary pitch recorded, this video was made in a Samsung note 3 neo (android 5.1)

Notice that in either of the video the suggestion is used only the counter to detect if the mfa keep stopping bass sound.

building here using your mfa and adding the counter 3 and the runtime sent to you by PM.

Meanwhile here is your mfa with only the changes mentioned and the sound a little bit amplify like 6.68 db, not used in the video you see above, but for you to test there and check if you heard it, need a video from you.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1qMW...ew?usp=sharing
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Battery Issue was Fixed with the Android Exporter that was sent to me.

This app VBE EMF PUMP 2, you changed had no issue with the sound. It always played fine. So I am confused to why this was edited?

The issue is with apps I build now, regardless if they worked prior. Meaning, every app I have already created and released on a prior to 292.22 MMF2.5DEV build. Worked with no problems. Now, If I take an older app and Build it again ( no code changed ) with 292.22. The sounds drop off while running on Android.

Providing an .mfa of anything I build now, will not make sense as I just rebuilt the EMF PUMP 2.mfa_fvd to an .apk. The one that you sent @Fernando and the sound drops off.

So, again. It is not the issue of the app being created, it is the issue of 292.22 not building something properly.

If I use my first VBE EMF PUMP 2.apk built with 292.14. No Sounds Drop off
    If I use your VBE EMF PUMP 2_fvd.apk that you built. No Sounds Drop off

If I rebuild your version of the VBE EMF PUMP 2_fvd.apk with 292.22. The sound stops after a few minutes.
    If I rebuild any of my older apps ( That previously had No issues ) with 292.22. The Sounds Drop off, one by one.

The app themselves, say the audio is playing, but nothing is heard.

So, I am at a loss to why 292.22 does this, but 292.14 did not.

* I am actually thinking of removing MMF2.5DEV 292.22 and doing a full reinstall with the Android Runtime you sent. I hate having to do that, but this normally fixes any odd bugs.

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    what will really help me is a video of what is happening at your side when you said dropping sounds, and the time you wait there, for me to try to reproduce here.

you have two way of testing using preload sounds and play from disk can you also mention if this is happening in both mode.

also important for all this, is to know which device you are using for this test.

==================================================

forgot to add how is your screen saver time set

--------------------------------------------------------
    I put my screen saver to 10 min and the application runs 10 min perfectly until going to background as set by the screen saver, sorry now is more important to get a video and now where you are doing this test
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will put a Video together. My Devices are a Lg Stylo 3, Asus Zenphone 2 and a LG VK700. Screen Timeout is off on all devices. All apps force timeout off as well. Playing sounds from any device has no issues. It is only the Preloaded sounds that fail. I did mention all of this already, however I am sure you are busy with questions.

Anyway, I will make a video of the event. I will also add some visual aides and a counter to it to show a samples, current position during playback.

Recently, I reinstalled MMF2.5DEV 292.22 and Have rebuilt both my original app and the one you sent me. So far, both work with no issues. So, I assume that something may have screwed up during the Auto Update of MMF2.5DEV. Not sure yet as I have not have time to let my devices sit with the app running to see if it happens again.

Thanks

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VBEinc View Post
    IIt is only the Preloaded sounds that fail....

Not sure yet as I have not have time to let my devices sit with the app running to see if it happens again.

Thanks
    That happened to me as well on 292.22 - I had a preloaded sound fail on my tablet after I'd been testing the game for several hours - and had left the game open while I wasn't testing it. The game had been open for about 4 or 5 hours when the sound stopped - but it was just 1, the others continued to play. As you mentioned simply closing the app and opening it again fixed it - so that made it impossible for me to report anything meaningful. It's not happened again - but there again I haven't let an app stay open for that long either.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast