Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Sounds dropping off with build 292.22

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VBEinc View Post
    I will put a Video together. My Devices are a Lg Stylo 3, Asus Zenphone 2 and a LG VK700. Screen Timeout is off on all devices. All apps force timeout off as well. Playing sounds from any device has no issues. It is only the Preloaded sounds that fail. I did mention all of this already, however I am sure you are busy with questions.

Anyway, I will make a video of the event. I will also add some visual aides and a counter to it to show a samples, current position during playback.

Recently, I reinstalled MMF2.5DEV 292.22 and Have rebuilt both my original app and the one you sent me. So far, both work with no issues. So, I assume that something may have screwed up during the Auto Update of MMF2.5DEV. Not sure yet as I have not have time to let my devices sit with the app running to see if it happens again.

Thanks
    sorry if I keep question since my reviewing of your mfa showed that you set preload but you set the secs to 0 make them play from disk, so I am not sure if it properly set as preload or play from disk, this comes with the suggestion to keep the secs as 5 in the android properties.

may I suggest to add start sleep prevention using android object when you start your application and stop when you are about to end, this will avoid any issue from OS system during playing sounds.

@Janette5 is this sound when converted to wav less than 1 MB? what are the specs of the device you are testing? sound is the Achille's heel of android
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export Module
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it was a short beep sound - which is only 3kb as .mp3 - the entire game is only running at 50mb - but this was back in December. I just mentioned it now - because it was the same scenario that VBEinc was describing.

It's the same device that I had this issue with here: https://community.clickteam.com/threads/106712-Play-sample-x-times-on-a-tablet-issue

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    218 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Try using play from disk in this case, and in case you want to use soundpool please set MIN 5.0 to 5.1( 5.1 which is even better when is a big game to be sure using latest DEX features)
    Regards,

Fernando Vivolo

... new things are coming ...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, now I stumbled onto another odd bug. However, this one happens on Windows and Android. If you attach a string to an object to move upwards across the screen. Once the string enters the screen at the bottom. BAM!!! Application crashes. However, if you put the string 1 pixel inside of the frame window. No issue!

I think I'm just going to take a break from MMF2.5DEV, for awhile. Things that once worked, no longer do. Odd glitches and Crashes like crazy. Sounds dropping off. This new String Text glitch that crashed the app for no reason. ugh...

Believe me, I know most of the Android Nonsense is do to google changing Android every 5 minutes. Nothing new there, but now Windows EXE acting up?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the Sound thing. It still happens. However, I think I have narrowed it down.

If you Start sleep prevention, in an app. It stops the phone from sleeping ( To an extent ). You see, I've noticed now that only certain devices I have drop sounds while others do not. The LG STYLO 3, still drops sound but the LGvk700 and the ASUS Zenphone 2, do not. The LG STYLO 3 has the latest Android and the other two do not.

Anyway, I ran a App to test performance while running my fish tank app. The audio files ran fine up until the performance of the LG STylo 3 increased by a small percentage. Once the percentage increased, the sounds stopped.

This is telling me that the Start Sleep Prevention is working but not for the Audio in the app.

I am going to test this more, by setting my phone to various sleep timers and then testing the Fish Tank app to see if the sounds drop off at the timer marks.

I will let you know. @Fernando and Janette5

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Never mind the Screen Time out thing.

I just made an app that shows what is happening and allows to see the actual issue. This app actually makes the problem happen quickly. No need to wait for the problem to occur.

I'm going to make a video of it in use. I am using the stock audio samples provided by Clickteam for this example. (After the Rain.ogg and PEEP.wav) @Fernando

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MFA,APK and VIDEO

Here is the Video:

Here is the .rar with the .mfa,.apk and the Video in one:
    https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Vv...B560a7rsp48xaG

Basically, what I see with this test app is that the function of an audio file stopping after it reached the end is not working over time.
    Which then effects all audio kinda the same way. Even though android sees that After the Rain stopped, it does not see PEEP stopped.

I get the whole, Stop PEEP at the End of playing ( added code by user that reads the length of the audio playing ). However, this has never been an issue prior to 292.22. When and audio file prior to 292.22 reached the end. Android Knew it stopped. Pretty Basic programming. Now with 292.22, Android does not know it stopped. This tells me, that the files cause and issue and basically get frozen in play mode. Then when played again. You have 2 of the same files that end up frozen in play mode.

This example is not because the audio file is a WAV. As already stated, no issues prior to 292.22. I have tested this with .ogg files as well. Same thing happens regardless of File Type.

Not to mention, if I waited with only the looped After_the_rain.ogg file. It would eventually drop off too. However, the longer files take way longer to drop off. The short ones cause this issue right away. Plus, if the short ones play numerous times. The Issue happens quickly as shown in this video.

I assume the answer to this lays within the typical code of the FILE HAS ENDED, STOP PLAYING! One should not have to tell ANDROID this as it should be apart of MMF2.5DEV.

End result is they add up and bog down the memory and processor of the device running android. So, lets say PEEP plays 100 times and the audio is no longer heard. ANDROID sees that PEEP is playing 100 times still. Even though the user hears only 100 times. So if the code still makes the sound play. Android still is adding the PLAY file Function to the memory. SO you end up hearing only 100 peeps, but android is now over 100 peeps and counting.

Which explains why the phone got hotter as this app continued to play.

Also on a different note. Windows has no issue running this .MFA and does not replicate these problems. You can Run the .mfa forever in windows with no issues.

Thanks... @Fernando

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Janette5 Is this what you are experiencing on 292.22?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At the speed of 4 - my tablet can't keep up - it goes out of sync. However, it kept playing the beep - just not always in the right moment - I tried it for 3 minutes. At a speed of 1 or 2 it stays in sync.

However, my cell phone can keep up - it stays in sync. The sound didn't drop off - tried for 2 or 3 minutes.

Tried both with your .apk - and rebuilt an .apk with whatever I currently have installed 292.22 - my .apk file size was 4 590kb against your 4 142kb - and I removed the runtime object that isn't Android compatible and it didn't seem to be in use either.

The sound issues I experiences was:

• one was particular to my cell phone and that was where the sounds would spontaneously stop playing and start up again. Fernando suggested I reduce them to 192 kbps or lower and that sorted out the issue for me - I know run all my sounds at 160 kbps and haven't had that happen again. (This actually happened on 292.14 - it had been working correctly in versions before that.)
    • The second issue was that the command play a sound 3 times will only play it twice on older Android versions. Here we also discovered that the older version don't like mono sounds or 8 bit sounds - it will sometimes just not play them - and your PEEP sound is that - mono, 8 bit.
    • The scenario I had was that a particular sound on my tablet had stopped being audible, after having been audible for several hours - but the sequence of events was still running - once I closed the app and re-opened it, the problem went away and I've not heard it again. There's also a lot of other factors that could impact it - for example the tablet is lying on top of its speakers - it's summer by me - things get hot ...

(By the way - I tried your string issue and it didn't crash by me - not sure what you're doing / not doing vs what I'm doing - but I could move an object off and into the screen and have a string follow it and there was no problem.)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So you're telling me the sounds that come with Fusion, no longer work with 292.22? These are not my sounds, they are sounds from fusion itself in the samples.

Peep and After the Rain, are both Fusion sounds.

The phone heating up, was laying at a 45% angle with the top and bottom touching the table. This phone never heats up using apps. However, in this video. It got extremely warm very fast.

I guess I should make another .mfa of the string issue and another post. Again, prior to 292.22. No issue with this as well.

The Runtime Object is Compatible and was in use in the String that shows in white ( MMF2.5DEV #292.22 / ANDROID Fusion 292.0

The part that says ANDROID is the Runtime Object. Also, all the other stuff outside of the audio playing is to simply give the processor other things to do like a Game would.

So basically what you are saying is I need to make each and every audio file 160 kps a second and make them stereo sounds, to keep this issue from happening now?

Thanks for checking it out. @Janette5

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast