User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: can I detect which duplicate is on top?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can I detect which duplicate is on top?

I want to change the color of just the duplicate that is on top of its duplicate. Is there a way to do this? I''m trying the fixed values. Oh, I'm using html5 without using layers, I prefer not too. Anybody accomplish this technique? thanks

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Can you please be a bit more specific? A screenshot/diagram would be quite useful.

Clicker Fusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleFirefly 3D ModuleInstall Creator Pro
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Simon, sorry for that. The color change is not important, the detection is.

In this image all are duplicates. I would like to isolate the duplicate that is on top of the others. In the bunch of 3 active dups I would like to isolate the one on top. Once it is determined I can have it move off the top. The 2nd one can then be determined as the top and it too will move off the bottom one #3.

All the pinkish ones had their color inverted one at a time using flag toggle and their fixed values. [edit The collisions seem to move all active dups that are colliding with bounce movement.]

overlap-duplicate.jpg

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    2 comments:

1. The Layer object contains conditions to test if an object is on top of another one.

2. You cannot change the color of a single instance of an object. Changing the colors of an object will change the colors in all the instances of this object.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Yves, sorry again for not explaining. I prefer not to use the layer object.

True changing the Actives color in the frame editor changes all instances. But, I am able to invert the color during runtime of each "Active" instance (duplicate,) one at a time, using their fixed values.

As in the image above, the color is inverted on the instances (pinkish) during runtime that are NOT overlapping. The green instances are overlapping. In this image, I would like to find the fixed value for #1, the instance(s) in front / top overlapping the dups behind. I'm being optimistic, hoping it is possible

thanks

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    True changing the Actives color in the frame editor changes all instances. But, I am able to invert the color during runtime of each "Active" instance (duplicate,) one at a time, using their fixed values.
    I didn't meant in the editor, I meant at runtime, you cannot change the color of a single instance at runtime as all instances of an object share the same images.

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Oh, unless you mean changing their effect, sorry I thought you were replacing colors... (with the Replace Color action)

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    236 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    PS: you should take a look at the Layer object anyway, it can retrieve the "level" of an object (index in the display list).

Clickteam Clickteam
    Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    @twister why don't you want to use the layer object, out of interest?

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperFusion 2.5+ DLCiOS Export ModuleMac Export ModuleInstall Creator ProPatch Maker
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Fusion 2.5+ DLC (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The layer object is compatible with most exporters isn't it?

Plus if you want to pick up specific instances you'd have to use to scope through loops checking unique ID with spread value.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast