User Tag List

Thread: Mac exporter INI files won't save due to XCODE sandbox permissions

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mac exporter INI files won't save due to XCODE sandbox permissions

I'm writing a little game for the Mac and need to save a few key items within an INI file. The creation of the INI works when compiled for Windows but I noticed that in XCODE the application folder isn't an option for creating user files.

When running debug from XCODE I receive the following error when trying to write the INI "You don't have permission to the file "GAME.ini" in the folder APPLICATION NAME.

Within XCODE you can set the sandbox to allow read/write for a few different folders such as Downloads, Music etc... but I'm not sure how to configure these particular folder names within Clickteam Fusion.

Setup
    Clickteam fusion: v292.22 (Standard)
    Export module: MAC
    Editor: Mac Editor
    MacOS: v 10.14 (Mojave) or tested using Catalina

Clicker Fusion 2.5 MacFusion 2.5 DeveloperAndroid Export ModuleHTML5 Export ModuleiOS Export ModuleUniversal Windows Platform Export ModuleSWF Export ModuleXNA Export ModuleMac Export Module
    Fusion 2.5 (Steam)Fusion 2.5 Developer (Steam)Android Export Module (Steam)HTML5 Export Module (Steam)iOS Export Module (Steam)Universal Windows Platform Export Module (Steam)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Did some poking around and found that if I use the user directory + “/game.ini” format then when compiled in Xcode the application can indeed save the ini file into the users folder. Maybe this is the way it was meant to be and my previous efforts were just being lazy ��

Clickteam Clickteam

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Did you select "Redirect bundle files to user folder" in the Mac OS tab in the properties of your application? It should answer your question. Look at the documentation for more info, in Distributing your application / Build type / MacOS / Properties.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Yves View Post
    Did you select "Redirect bundle files to user folder" in the Mac OS tab in the properties of your application? It should answer your question. Look at the documentation for more info, in Distributing your application / Build type / MacOS / Properties.
    Thank you Yves. I simply missed that altogether problem now solved